“Good first experience”

Ranked #21 of 370 Restaurants in Worthing
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We have been to this restaurant twice now. The first time we had a fabulous experience on a Saturday night in early July with just the two of us and the food and service was superb so would rate it Very Good. We loved the bar area to relax and enjoy your drinks before the meal. We went a second time with some friends the same night as the concert in Steyne Gardens and the service was slow as we had a different head waiter. We got our starters quickly then had to wait over 35 minutes of our main course. The head waiter apologised and said it was because they had a big party in the back room. This is not acceptable as we should either had our booking delayed to a later time or been asked to stay in the bar area a bit longer. The food was good but shame about the service!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband booked a table here to celebrate my birthday. We began the evening with a Champagne Cocktail in the bar and seemed set for a lovely evening. In contrast with the pleasant bar the restaurant was hot and dark. I didn't fancy any of the starters but my husband wanted to treat me to the whole 3 course indulgence so I asked what the soup of the day was. I was informed it was red pepper and tomato and so ordered that, along with a half bottle of Champagne. When the soup arrived it was pale green, clearly not pepper and tomato. I was told it was in fact Courgette and parmesan although I couldn't taste parmesan at all. I ordered the fillet steak for my main, it was however, rump steak. I didn't want to make a fuss, I didn't want to upset my lovely husband who was trying to make the evening special, so I didn't mention it. My son's ordered burgers which they tucked into for a while before requesting I cut them in half to make them more manageable to eat. Both were raw inside. Not just lightly done - uncooked! When we called the man I presume to be the Restaurant Manager over he was appalled and immediately took them to the chef. He returned and apologised saying it never should have happened and he was very sorry. He offered us free desserts but at that point I just wanted to leave. I must admit I was panicking that my boys might get food poisoning although the manager was very reassuring, telling me that the meat was fresh that morning. He didn't charge us for the burgers or soup, or the half bottle of Champagne. His sincere apologies went a long way in making us feel happier. I assume it was a one off error on the chef's part but it has put us off going again. I must stress that nobody did get sick from the food and we were impressed by the manager's attitude.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Had read reviews of indigo and living locally wanted to try
It was a special anniversary meal but perhaps being midweek, restaurant was lacking in any atmosphere- by 9.30 the staff were setting tables for breakfast
Not particularly creative menu but starter of scallops was delicious as was hot chocolate pudding
However very disappointed with presentation of main course of lamb with gratin potatoes - I feel my own Sunday roast is better presented, such a shame!
Floating in far too much gravy!
For the price and reviews I'd seen I expected much more

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Having visited four times during the past year - three times to eat, I cannot praise the reception we received highly enough. We have always been recognised and welcomed as old and valued friends and treated royally. The food has also been imaginative, beautifully cooked and presented and full of flavour. We plumped for the filet mignon on the most recent visit and witnessed a very discreet; quaint but intense discussion over who would get the honour of carving it at our table! The waiting staff are generally career staff rather than holiday cover, which helps with the smoothness of service and overall approach and the relaxed way in which guests are treated. The starters are inventive but my favourite, the puddings are exquisite: little confections of delicately assembled and presented baskets of chocolate; meltingly sharp delices and rich, spiced crumbles with rich, soft vanilla custard. I was seduced! Even the prices are reasonable. Do check if you prefer a quiet dinner however, since live music occasionally features.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

IMHO this is the most hospitable hotel in Worthing. Indigo restaurant is a little gem and the Table d'Hote is very good value especially lunch.