“again”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Devon, United Kingdom
“again”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Ok I know that there has been loads of things said against the t/l Worthing but this will be my 8th time here.. To see my family and it offers everything I need... Clean rooms ok you bring your own soap... So what ... The beds are fab and you can park your car... This hotel is what it says on the tin.... I go again end of April and it won't be my last ... Good on you Travelodge

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosemary B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

well where do I start, on arrival I entered an empty reception where I waited for almost 10 mins before anyone appeared. the young woman who did come to reception paid no attention to me even when I said hello to her she just ignored me and carried on playing with the till with a cigarette in her hand !!
After she left another woman appeared who checked me in quite quickly.

The room was average but very clean, it faced a carpark to the rear ..... anyway that didnt really bother me as I was only there to sleep. What did bother me was the fact that the walls, floor and ceilings were paper thin ..... I could hear everything around me.

By the way anyone who stays in room 9 prepare to be woken up by the kitchen staff talking every morning !!
From talking to another guest the evening before I checked out he had told he had to get them to move him to a different room as the one he was in was way too loud for him to sleep ...... have a guess what his room number was ..... if you guessed 9 your correct.

The food from the bar was less than average .... I have stayed in other travelodge's before and the food was much nicer. There is a bar in the basement but has nothing on draught and also no phone reception because it's below street level ......

When I checked in (about 5pm) I was told they served a full menu till 10pm, I went down about 8:45pm to get my dinner expecting to be able to choose anything only to be told all I could have was bar snacks or a pizza ..... anyway it was basically a £3 reheated frozen pizza that they charged £10 for, not impressed.

to add insult to injury the following night I went down a little earlier I ordered a burger.... I was told 15mins ...... 30mins later I asked where it was ....... 1 hour later I asked again where it was ..... 1 hour 20 mins later I got my burger, there were only 2 other people eating in the bar, what took so long I would love to know. There was no apology for the delay .... I'm assuming this is the norm for this place.

Overall I will never stay here again, I would have had a more comfortable trip if I had slept in my car, washed in the sea and ate form a public bin.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the ground floor !!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Robert M

Travellers are raving about these Worthing hotels

slough
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here for three nights.

Good Bits.

Pleasant Reception Staff
Comfortable bed
Good position for exploring Worthing
On the seafront
Near lots of eateries and shops.

Disappointing Bits.

Outside looks shabby
Car Park out back not very big (also not advertised on web site).
Parking adjacent to hotel free between 6pm to 9am and on bank holidays otherwise £1.00 per hour but you can only stay for a maximum of 4 hours, or use the multi story car park.
Window in room old with a draft excluder to the bottom (would imagine it would be very cold in the winter).
Carpet in room had stains on it.
Bar café open till 5am for residence, but bar person keeps disappearing so you either wait for his return or keep going to look for him every time you want a drink, also room more like a café so no atmosphere and seats uncomfortable.

Bad bits

Breakfast (optional) Costs £ 15.30 for two of us.
not much cooked choice for the money.
Choices were scrambled egg, tomato, beans bacon sausage. It would have been nice to have hash browns, black pudding, mushrooms and fried bread as options also. There was cereal, toast, croissants(which had been frozen) and hot and cold beverages.

We were given a plate when we arrived and told to find a table, all tables had been used so there was no clean tables and no one willing to clean a table for us, so we had to move other peoples rubbish and used cutlery, out of the way ourselves. The food was slow to be replenished and when we first arrived most dishes were empty, found the last two cups for coffee but no spoons to stir, Croissant was still frozen in the middle, could of had it warmed but was difficult to find anyone to ask.
Eventually someone started to wipe down the tables but they used the same cloth, with out rinsing for all tables and no antibacterial spray.

If all you need is a place to rest your head while passing through then its a good place to stay, if you want food and drink go out into the town, it cheaper, cleaner, more variety and more efficient.

Room Tip: Email ahead and ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

stayed here for 1 night, got a big room with a beautiful sea view, yummy breakfast in the morning, relaxed and easy atmosphere in the hotel, very quiet, comfy bed, great value.

would very much recommend.

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First time I have ever used a Travelodge and can honestly say that I am really impressed. Great pricing for family room, clean, spacious & we even had a sea view which was a lovely added bonus. Staff friendly & helpful. Breakfast was plentiful, regularly replenished & lots of variety.
Will definitely use this hotel again - already planning another night away!

Room Tip: Room 207 is a large family room & has a sea view. Room 210, no view but enormous & comfort...
London, UK
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked a family room a couple of months in advance and got it for £50, the week before it had gone up to £70 odd.

The hotel is bang on the seafront, west of the pier. There is parking (paid) to the front of the hotel, free after 6pm.

The welcome on reception was friendly (Beverley?) and we were off to our room in seconds. Great start, it is simple things like this which set you up for a good stay.

The room was extremely clean and well lit. We had a double bed with a very comfortable mattress and 2 singles (although we didn't need these). There was a sort of wardrobe (more coat hangers on a rail) which was cleverly designed.

The bathroom was spotless, water was hot with good pressure and there were plenty of towels.

Noise from outside the hotel was non existent (we were at the back on the second floor).

All in all a nice place to crash for the night. OK so there are no luxuries but that is the point of the Travelodge, you get all that you need and don't pay for things you don't.

Highly recommended.

Essex
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We've just come back and were very impressed with the hotel and the service that we received from the staff. When we arrived we asked for a sea view room but none were available. They very kindly prepared a room for us while we waited. We had dinner which was lovely and breakfast was plentiful.