“"Hidden gem"”

Crescent Road Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 348 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“"Hidden gem"”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a wonderful meal at this charming little resaurant. The menu was not enormous but very fresh. Some previous reviews complained that the duck egg starter was cold, the waitress pointed this out and I found it to be delicious. All in all well worth a visit and I am sure we will be back soon.

• Visited August 2014

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Romantic dinner for two”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

What a disappointment. No vegetables except red cabbage! No bread offered. Lobster was served with "dead man's fingers" still in situ. Sticky tables. However the wine was superb and the staff were friendly.

2 Thank mary h
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Waited ages to visit this restaurant and then was really disappointed. Both my friend and I had Lobster which was so dry. Only good part about it was the wine was ok although they didn't have any Shiraz. Will not return again in a hurry.

3 Thank pmbanyard
Sheffield
“Not cheap but very good food”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very good assured cooking of modern British food, nicely presented. I had a delicious chicken liver parfait with apple, port and toast (£7.50) while my fellow diners had had shellfish bisque with seared scallop (£7.50) and duck egg, pea mousse and white truffle (£7.50). For main course I had a perfectly cooked half roasted lobster and good chips with saffron aioli (£16.95). Tea cured pork, pickled shallot, cauliflower purée and pork fat granola (£14.95) was also declared delicious. Unfortunately bread and vegetable sides are extra: we had truffled Jersey Royals and braised red cabbage and apple (£3.50 each). For dessert I had chocolate and olive oil cake, hazelnut and real ale ice-cream (£7.50). The ice cream was slightly odd by itself but married perfectly with the cake. Caramelised rice pudding, roasted peach and white chocolate (£7.50) was also a success. We had two bottles of very good Suri Barbera D’Asti, Villa Giada, Piemonte (£26.50). Friendly staff. Only slight downsides are the rather narrow tables and the uninviting exterior (essentially a shop front) and the dilapidated sign, but the atmosphere is relaxed.

1 Thank Tiptoptraveller
London
“Was expecting more...”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My friends have been raving on about this place for ages, saying how I simply must try it, So perhaps my expectations were too high.. For many this is their favorite place in Worthing, so I could have been unlucky on the night. I think we made a bad choice with our food selections, we had a starter of Duck Egg, Pea Mousse & Truffle. Certainly sounds interesting but is served cold (out of the fridge cold) honestly it was really not edible (for me). The staff did remove this from the bill, so thank you for that. However I was told that next time if I want a hot starter I should ask for one. hmmm I work in Marketing / PR and arrange client events and dinners all over the world. I personally think that as the menu only has 4 starters and 5 mains it would be much better if the staff walked people through the menu as in "tonight we have prepared XYZ, the Duck egg which is organic and sourced locally is served cold. (for example) I was also told that Katie Price was in the day before and loved it. Thought this was a strange thing to say. I had the pork for main and this was tasty but warm not hot. My partner had the 1/2 lobster and triple cooked chips, 1/2 lobster was served with hollandaise sauce it was basic but tasty, the chips were greasy we did not enjoy them at all. I said to my girlfriends that go to Crescent Road regularly that I will go back and give it another try (with them).. So I hope my next review can give this 5 stars.

3 Thank sharkbait_kat