“Lovely lunch on a Bank Holiday Monday”
Review of china palace

china palace
Ranked #161 of 353 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Worthing
“Lovely lunch on a Bank Holiday Monday”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I dined here today and ate from the 'All you can eat' menu. We really did eat 'all we could' and the food was absolutely delicious! Staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant is tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Lots of Chinese people were dining from the dim sum menu - we will try that out on our next visit. Priced at £15.80 per head we found it to be very reasonable too. Very impressed indeed.

2 Thank Tracy1000

London, United Kingdom
“Back to my home town”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I visited my home town of Worthing after a fair while. What a suprise I encountered when I took my family to China Palace as such dining experience was few and far between when I lived there 15 years or so ago.

The place was welcoming as were the staff. The food was of exceptional standard and I would have been happy to pay the price I would normally pay in chinese restaurant I now frequent since I moved to the West End - London.

We had the seafood and chose the seasonal ones as the price was enticing. It was every bit as it is meant to be, i.e. cooked to perfection. The meat dishes were of equally excellent quality. My wife had the desert as I am not one for sweet things and she was also very satisfied with her choice (can't recall what she had) as the kids were by then too full and tired and started play up.

It was a very pleasent experience and I would make more of an effort to visit this 'bijoux' of a restaurant a bit more often and it will be an excuse to see my old chums as well.

Thank you China Palace and keep up the good work.

RS London

1 Thank R S
“Lovely”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I really do believe this is the best Chinese restaurant in the south you will find for a great price, the staff are so patient and professional and the food is such good quality and quantity. I am a big fan of their dim sum, it's absolutely delicious every time no doubt.
I highly recommend

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Layla H
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a super meal my friends & I enjoyed at China Palace . The place is surprisingly huge. We chose the all you can eat menu . The crispy duck and ribs are my favourite. What I enjoyed most was we did not feel being rushed even after spending over 3 hours in the place. reasonable prices and good service. Highly recommend especially for large parties.

1 Thank helen h
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Tasty and reasonable - great for large parties as well as small!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Four of us came here to celebrate my dads 87th birthday and chose the set menu for 4, which the waiter felt would be too much for us - how lovely that they weren't trying to get us to spend more! The food was tasty and varied, and the evening had a pleasant ambience. There was plenty of food for sure, and they gave us a doggy bag of left overs.

They have huge round tables seating around 12 people, maybe even more, with a lazy Susan in the middle, it looked a fun place to have a big celebration.

We'd been a bit concerned as had read a review about a party getting very ill after eating here, but that wasn't our experience. I guess sometimes you just get unlucky. For us, it was a decent meal, reasonably priced (we had quite a lot of drinks and Irish coffees all round) and we will definitely return.

2 Thank Sarah B