“Reasonable but dated”
Review of Chatsworth Hotel

Chatsworth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed a few nights while on business. The room was clean and of a reasonable size. However the decor and furnishings were very dated. The rest of the hotel had a similar old fashioned feel and decor. The restaurant served a nice dinner the night I ate in. Quite an expensive stay I thought.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank James G

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on saturday.. Parking massive issue, though thats not the hotels fault. but they do make matters worse by then actually charging you for the park on the road?? was given a room, that like others was overlooking the bus depot.. very noise and also, very very hot as i think I was above the kitchens, at least it sounded like it. Again, this is luck of the draw and they have to utilise the space.. But had issue of opening windows, and all the noise coming in or keep them shut and sweating.. again, as a frequent hotel stayer this sometimes happens.. however, to be woken up at 8am, on a sunday morning by staff hoovering the outside my room was ludicrous.. thats not bad luck, it was just stupid. 8am on a sunday morning, with someone hoovering outside my door.. I dont like to whinge but the whole combination was just too much and as i will be spending a lot of time in Worthing going forward, then I will be definately finding another hotel to stay at.. Mr hotel manager, I accept you have to do what you can with location, but getting paying guests to pay more for parking, on a street and also, getting the clearners to hoover at such a ridiculous time means you are running a bad hotel.. sorry. That aside, breakfast nice , staff seemed friendly... just badly ran

Room Tip: can only suggest asking to stay at the front, not the back..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was my first and last stay at the Chatsworth. The hotel has no parking unless you are lucky and can park outside ( this is very limited). The welcome was tepid, and my room was at the back of the hotel, overlooking a very noisy and smelly bus depot with activity from 5am to 11pm. The room was small ,very tired and hot. My dilema was to slowly cook or open a window and die of exhaust fumes from the bus depot.
On checking out, the receptionist didnt even look up, was surly and rude and never even asked if i enjoyed my stay ( that would have been a quick conversation).

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy and urge others to look eleswhere when considering booking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 6 October 2013

pet friendly hotel although rooms are at the back for dog owners very noisy as overlooks a bus depot and staff at bus depot very loud few fumes wasnt a very pleasant week but as dog owner was central room was clean but bit outdated staff were all very good

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HAPPY48ENGLAND
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Have stayed here twice. First time had room at front which suffered from road noise. This time chose room at back which overlooks smelly noisy bus depot car park. Room tiny and poorly decorated - someone had slapped some paint on the walls, but had missed most of them. Disappointing - could do so much better.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank DiggerOne
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Went to the Chatsworth with my Mum for a long weekend away, the hotel is excellent, everyone was so helpful on the main reception, nothing was too much trouble. We had a room over looking the Steyne Park which was lovely to wake up to each day. Room was very spacious and the actual shower was a double. The breakfast choice was excellent, the only thing I would have liked was a flavoured yoghurt and not just a plain one but that is a minor point. The evening meal choice was also good and very reasonably priced for three courses, I sent my compliments to the chef with his Beef Stew and Dumplings, the dinning room staff where very good too, and the restaurant manager said a goodbye to us on the Sunday morning as he was not going to be there on the Monday when we left. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, I was very impressed and hope they keep up all the good points. We will be returning next year for another short break.

Room Tip: If you are going at weekends it can be a little tricky to park outside the hotel as its free parking...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel is old and very Rabbit warren like in side. Quite an adventure getting to our room. Room itself was more than adequate with windows that actually opened for fresh air. Breakfast in the house was very good and the staff attentive to our needs. Would use again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple