“Another Best Western (oxy moron) in need of change”
Review of Chatsworth Hotel

Chatsworth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am so blessed that my client's travel agency favours the local Best Western Hotel over other mainstream offerings.

The Chatsworth is no exception to the sad and sorry places I have stayed recently. Shockingly bad decor, noisy rooms because they don't have double-glazing. Mattresses which should have found their way to a local tip years ago, pillows which re-define the concept of a bad night's sleep.

The decor of CH is puke-peach EVERYWHERE! Don't be fooled by the 90's decor of the lobbby or bar, all the corridors are artexed and the painted with this hideous colour. The rooms are all circa 1980-something and my mattress in room 216 was a vintage classic.

The staff are all excellent, positive, welcoming and helpful. They are this property's saving grace and what a shame their energy and efforts aren't matched by the fabric of the property.

The breakfasts are OK. My dinner was simply awful: French Onion soup which looked and tasted like Bisto, Vegetable Risotto which can't have been made with any stock - even the addition of liberal amounts of Parmesan made no difference to the bland porridge I was served. The ice-creams tasted on nothing despite being 3 different flavours. The service was, as ever, friendly, efficient and personable.

Are you desperate, then stay here, I had no choice. If I was allowed to exercise any choice I would head for the nearest Premier Inn, Holiday Inn Express or decent B&B.

You have been warned.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mark H
There are newer reviews for Chatsworth Hotel

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently stayed here for a night prior to holding a family gathering/meal in one of the hotel's function rooms. The hotel itself is located right on the sea front, close to the pier. The facilities are excellent - a well stocked bar and a large games room in the basement as well as a large restaurant. The room was magnificent - four poster bed, sofa, desk etc. along with all the usual things you would expect and a large bay window looking out to sea. Breakfast was superb - help yourself to "starters" from the buffet followed by a full English breakfast.

As for the function the following day, the hotel made all the arrangements on my behalf down to ordering the flowers for the tables. Their organisation of the whole event was second to none. The very professional staff ensured that the event was highly successful - I could not fault anything.

So, in summary, I can recommend the Chatsworth Hotel without reservation whether for just accommodation or for any kind of large function.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a sea view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan W
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a good old fashion seaside hotel for what I paid.
The cooked breakfast is a bit small, the rooms are a bit dated and the night staff a bit old school, but something about this place is very charming.

Try and get the park view rooms with a view of the seafront.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rey-Latorre
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel was very good and nicely located. The décor may seem dated but I found very relaxing, all the staff I had contact with were very pleasant, and the room was a good size, I only had breakfast the four nights I stayed which I found very good.And I would certainly stop there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Raymond P
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I joined my family for breakfast at the Chatsworth as pretty much the whole clan were staying here. I stayed at the Travelodge, but that's another story...

Gutted that I didn't spend the extra 30 quid for a room here - everything was very nice, and everyone seemed very well rested, if somewhat hungover!

Breakfast itself was fantastic and the staff dealt admirably with an almost overwhelming demand for fry-ups!

Nice location, too. To look at the green square you could almost forget you're in a washed up seaside resort...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gruesome G
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We usually hold our get togethers in the rather more illustrious city of Bath, being as it is equidistant for the majority of us. However on this occasion it was off to a slightly tired looking Worthing for the wedding of my neice. Happily the square upon which the Chatsworth is situated happens to be very pleasant.

We were lucky in finding a parking space on the square, which being a Sunday was free. There seems not to be valet parking available, so I'm not sure what we would have done had we not been so fortunate.

Welcome was a little lukewarm, however I cannot rate many of the services on offer as we spent the majority of our stay getting jolly rogered at the Worthing Dome...

The room itself was very pleasant - the equal of some rooms I have had the pleasure of languishing in within the walls of 5 star hotels.

Breakfast a little slow in the morning but perhaps we can be held responsible for this as our party seemed to have taken all of the rooms in the hotel!

All in all a comfortable night for our brief visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fups B
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed a few nights while on business. The room was clean and of a reasonable size. However the decor and furnishings were very dated. The rest of the hotel had a similar old fashioned feel and decor. The restaurant served a nice dinner the night I ate in. Quite an expensive stay I thought.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business