“Perfect Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Worthing
“Perfect Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My daughter's wedding last weekend went off perfectly , in no small measure due to the quiet efficiency of wedding organiser Curtis & his team at Findon Manor .
We were served delicious canapes & drinks on the lawn after the ceremony & a fabulous wedding breakfast in the marquee afterwards .
The bedrooms were extremely comfortable & spotlessly clean ( with the biggest fluffiest towels! ).Breakfast the next day was superb , served on an impeccably laid table .
Well done Findon Manor ! Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank surfcat_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

A beautiful hotel, excellent service from all staff, very attentive and met our needs excellently. Breakfast was fantastic, met the need of 3 males in our party very well. We are looking forward to staying again at this lovely place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
London England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I booked a double room at Findon Manor. What an experience. We informed them of our late arrival. Given keys to ground floor door, that was round the back. Arrived to find the place in total darkness, and grovelled in the dark to get in. Struggling with suitcases over the gravel forecourt.
Bedroom - broken bulb on dressing table light, two remote controls for TV without instructions, floor had not been hoovered, gravel and bits from outside on carpet, bedsprings sticking out of mattress which dug into your back, the most cheap and nasty mattress - you would hesitate giving it to a tramp. No heating in the room (it was a freezing cold night).
Bathroom - ancient window mouldy and crumbling and last painted probably 40 years ago. Broken light over the mirror. Last occupant's toothpaste on shelf as well as used soap. Half empty shower gel on soap dish. An aggressive note above the toilet saying that if you put anything down it, you would be liable, as in the past they have had to pay plumbers for call outs, and you would be charged.
The next shock was when I turned on the tap to wash my hands - some sort of pump started and the decibels of noise was equal to a pneumatic drill. Same thing happened when you flushed the toilet or used the bath/shower. Dreadful.
Breakfast - One man was eating in an empty room. The server showed us to a small table alongside a dark wall. Whereas other tables had views of the garden. We asked to sit at one of those: "No, they aren't made up." The setting consisted of a fork, knife, paper napkin and a small vase of dead flowers. I moved our cutlery to another table. The cereals were boxes of sets you get from a 99p shop. My caffetiere had lovely lime scale stains on it.
When we checked out, I asked to speak to the manager. Apparently he was having Physio. So I asked the woman to get him to call me back. A woman called Natasha said 'either Stephen Ballbrook or Gerry McGrath would phone me'. Neither did. I rang after a week and asked why no one had contacted me. Natasha said they would call tomorrow. No call. Such arrogance.
DO NOT STAY IN THIS GHASTLY PLACE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT PART OF THIS SHABBY PLACE, SHODDINESS IS.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank rogerandlucy
Findon M, other at Findon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble in posting your comments and i would first of all apologise for the inconvenience caused. The General Manager has been away on holiday and remains so and i was reluctant to respond without his input and other members of staff , however i will respond without his input from the information that i have obtained.

You arrived very early on the Sunday morning reporting to the reception desk where you were advised that the bedroom was not available. Apparently as you did not intend to return to the hotel until late that evening you were given the room keys which included the room key, hotel main entrance key and the side entrance ,these were given to you to be helpful. It seems that you did come back at about 10.45 pm and decided to go to the side entrance of the building and get into your room that way rather than come into the hotel via the main entrance which you had done previously that morning despite the hotel duty manager being in the office with the lights on. The duty manager was unaware that you were trying to get into the hotel other than through the normal hotel entrance. The duty manager then let you in via the normal method allowing your partner in through the side entrance which serves no other purpose than to allow guests with dogs to exit this way and as an emergency exit.

This part of the building where your room was located is certainly not forty years old and has probably been built in the last fifteen years. I am told that it has been decorated within the last two years.There is certainly heating in this bedroom but it may not have been on and had a request been for heating it could have been turned on or a heater provided by the duty manager. The temperature according to the records indicate that the temperatures for that day were normal ones for June.

Obviously you should not have found any items left over from a previous guest and from my investigations it appears that a new maid serviced your room and it was not checked properly . This has been dealt with and action taken to stop this happening again.
I cannot concur with your remarks concerning the mattress although it would not be from my my preferred supplier or specification.
I am afraid you are incorrect regarding the light as it is not broken and has not been replaced.
A new 42 inch Sony TV along with a Freeview Box had just been installed on the Friday prior and i regret that instructions had not been done and this has now been taken care of.
The bedroom that you occupied has a Macerator in the bathroom which we inherited when the hotel was bought seven months ago and does make a noise when used. The taps make a very small noise immediately on turning them on but this is for no longer that 20 seconds.

Breakfast table layout is as you said with the addition of side plates, cruets and cutlery. On arrival you were greeted by a long serving member of staff who i have spoken to at length and she confirms that you were offered a choice of tables that were laid up and you sat down at the table you describe. Subsequently you asked to move and were helped in this process by her.

The cereals you describe are certainly not from any 99p shop and are top of the range premium products by such companies as Weetabix and Kelloggs ,packed individually for freshness and not like many hotels that dispense cereals in large containers which is the cheaper way . I regret if the cafetiere was stained.

When you checked out you again spoke to the manager on duty and she could have dealt with your comments. Neither the manager or myself were attending Physio and i am not sure of the relevance of this comment.

Unfortunately your second call was not relayed to me but given to the manager for which i apologies .

It is our intention to gradually upgrade the hotel and this is happening on an ongoing basis. Our customer feed back has been very positive and their comments far removed from yours , some of which are misleading.

In view of your comments i would not like to leave you with this poor impression of the hotel and if you next have cause to return to the area i would be grateful if you could contact me when i will do all i can to ensure that you have a happier stay.

Once again i apologise for the inconvenience caused .

Yours faithfully,

Gerard McGrath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Having booked this hotel many many times for others for work, I was pleased to finally have an opportunity to stay there myself. What a fantastic experience! I was given an exceptionally warm welcome by both Gerry and Stephen and shown to an amazing bedroom with a (v comfortable) 4-posted bed, jacuzzi bath and a beautiful view of the gardens.

The evening meals at The Snooty Fox and service are second to none and the breakfast absolutely wonderful. The staff couldn't be more accommodating and go out of their way to make you feel at home.

An fabulous country hotel and an ideal romantic getaway venue. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

In my job I stay in hotels all over the country and so often they are sterile and formulaic but that cannot be said about the Findon Manor. I was warmly welcomed by the Manager who then took the time to tell me more about the village and the back story for the hotel and why each room is named after a famous horse connected to the village. My room was comfortable and well furnished with good Wi-Fi connection. Another refreshing change in this age of hotel chains was my breakfast being freshly cooked to order and a good selection from the continental buffet too. Highly recommended and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynne P
Rustington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We were married at Findon Manor on 18th May and had the most wonderful day. Everything went without a hitch and the food, service, staff were fantastic. Could not recommend it more for an all in one wedding venue. The rooms are gorgeous too as was the full English the following morning - much needed by many of our guests! Wish we could do it all again! Thank you so much Debbie and your team.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ClaireWFW
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

What I loved about this hotel was its understated, but very appropriate, tasteful decor. So many reasonably priced British hotels get it horribly wrong, but this was perfect. The building is really beautiful so it was a pleasant surprise not to have this spoiled by unsympathetic interior design. We had two rooms as we traveled with my mother-in-law and our 12 year old son decided to come too so we had a zed bed in our room. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean with lovely views of the garden. The staff were delightful even when they couldn't solve our WiFi issue. We had dinner in the small restaurant, which was nice apart from the coffee, which was stewed. The breakfast was good with a wide choice, only problem was that they stopped serving at 10 am which is a bit early for us when we are on holiday! Really pleasant stay overall. Only gripes were the coffee, which was hardly better at breakfast, and the water pressure which made it virtually impossible to have a shower. Everything else was really lovely and we would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Premier Inn Worthing Seafront Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,503 reviews

Been to Findon Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!