“Authentic Pub circa 1500: Delicious Fare, Friendly”
Review of The Gun Inn

The Gun Inn
Ranked #39 of 348 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Authentic Pub circa 1500: Delicious Fare, Friendly”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We enjoyed a delightful dinner in this charming pub. While it has all the requisite updates you'd hope for, it has retained the old world details that make it so worth seeing: old beams from Roman ships that still bear the Roman numerals indicating where they were to be placed. Food-wise, 6 of us proclaimed everything delicious. The chef owner isn't seen but his darling wife is funny & sweet and so accommodating--while the rest of the table was enjoying homemade ice cream for dessert, she brought me just picked strawberries and clotted cream that was not on the menu & was delicious. Her husband had just taken their children out to pick them that day!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Lisa T

Findon, United Kingdom
“Terrific pub”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I have had a wonderful meal starting with asparagus and poached egg for sue and charcuterie for me. The main course comprised of roast beef and roast lamb with extra gravy superb! We were both too full for dessert. Will be going back soon.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank gezparton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious food in an older world atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went for Sunday lunch as part of a group of twelve, and it was really nice to find something for everyone on the menu. Although I am not a vegetarian the options were so good that I felt I had to try them, mine was so delicious, I cant wait to go back and have it again. If you are going as part of a group I would recommend booking early as the private dining rooms look amazing, The staff were really friendly and nothing appeared to be a problem. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Margaret M
UK
“Fab food”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We came here for our wedding anniversary and it was "French night" with a set menu - I have to say at this point I'm not a fan of French cuisine .... (I didn't know it was going to be a themed night) .... just in case you think I'm bonkers for going there ... However the food here is lovely I loved the goats cheese tartlet mmmm just thinking about it makes my mouth water - The staff are always lovely and the whole atmosphere is of a traditional English pub with the addition of gorgeous food

Visited February 2014
1 Thank hotblob
“Great service and tasty food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Popped in for Sunday lunch, weather was good so decided to sit in the small beer garden. Although busy it wasn't noisy, and plenty of well behaved dogs about.
The smoke mackerel starter was really good, and then followed by the roast beef with HUGE Yorkshire pudding was excellent. The staff are really friendly and polite, nothing was too much trouble, and for me that makes it such a nice place to visit. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014