“Delicious Mother's Day Lunch!!”
Review of kar'ben - CLOSED

kar'ben
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Enjoyed their special two course lunch for Mother's Day - such good value at £13.95 pp. Have had some very nice light lunches and breakfast here, but taken by our daughter for this special day. Food freshly prepared by chef Heidi and her team and very of friendly, efficient waitresses,. We had pre-ordered and enjoyed a drink before our starters arrived. We all had something different, soup, pate and a salmon and dill mousse. All delicious and well presented. Salmon for mains for two of us and the vegetarian moussaka for our daughter, equally tasty. Piping hot plates ( big plus from us) Will definitely be back. Shame more people hadn't booked to sample this two course lunch, it was excellent value.

1  Thank Alismw

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Nipped in for lunch yesterday for the first time, masses of vegetarian options as well as interesting meat mains...very high quality food and attention to detail. We had goats cheese bruschetta with roasted beetroot and pesto, OMG delicious any my friend had a veggie sausage baguette with friend onions and mustard which was mouth watering. Friendly, efficiency from the waiting staff too. Definitely coming back.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Have eaten there a few times and had coffee many times. Lovely place, lovely staff but have been driven away by the noise. I appreciate that people like freshly ground beans but do you have to do it every five minutes?? Add to that the lack of softening materials, rugs, curtains etc and it can be deafening at times. Pity. Needs to be addressed.

1  Thank jennykenny
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

I have been here a good few times now and I absolutely love it! The service is alright but the real attraction for me is the food (as it should be!) The food is so interesting and delicious! After having the weekly soup the first time I went, I can't help but always order it now! Always quirky and tasty served up with hot toasted ciabatta bread, can you blame me? The atmosphere is calm and welcoming, service is reasonable, food is absolutely delicious however my only complaint is that the tables are always a bit sticky... Perhaps they should spend a little more time in front of house giving the tables a good scrub, and not just wipe away the crumbs. This aside I reccomend kar'ben to anyone in Worthing. Much nicer than just going to the mainstream and always overly busy places like M&S cafe or costa!

Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Decided to visit for brunch on a Sunday, we arrived at 12 and that was the cut off for breakfasts which in my opinion is far too early. However they did agree we could have it and I'm glad because I found the rest of the menu complete uninspiring!
The breakfast was delicious, served with local produce and a yummy bubble and squeak patty and black pudding, I was totally stuffed.
The cafe was empty when we arrived, town was generally quiet though due to the snow but I did feel that they should have put a radio or some music on as we had to sit and listen to the kitchen staff talking and crashing pans about.
As the cafe filled up, it became a much nicer atmosphere.
Nice, rustic, cosy cafe and would return again but only for breakfast.