“Worst place I've ever seen” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bay

The Bay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
The Bay
Ranked #28 of 30 Worthing B&B and Inns
“Worst place I've ever seen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

TV up loud because of music from the pub, idle chatter from people in the 'beer garden' (concrete prison inside the pub), service took 20 minutes each time, room is so basic it's horrendous. Nothing to stop corridor doors banging, mildew in the shower, have to to through the bar to get to the rooms and the bar is grotesque. I think that environmental health could use this as a guide of how to not run an establishment as it is rather dirt upstairs, engrained with filth and grime downstairs. For a part of the country that think that it is refined this place has a jolly long way to go.

In summary: horrible. Unless you like having one pillow, like having a filthy toilet, like having no sleep until about 4 AM, like being amongst undesirables then stay here. You'd get on with the manager as he pretty much matches the place.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Travelscrabblerz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

It's not often you come across a good all round pub/restaurant like this. Having eaten there many times we find the food to be absolutely excellent. Superb presentation at easily affordable prices. Plenty of choice. I particularly enjoyed the four course meal we had on Mother's Day, very impressed!
The service is particularly friendly, you are made very welcome and definitely feel your custom is appreciated. Traditional pub feel with an open fire, cosy and comfortable. The quiz, open mic and ladies nights are great entertainment, something for everyone. We have had family members stay in the accommodation that have returned as they describe the rooms as very clean and good value for money. No hesitation in recommending this to anyone....give it a try!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Gemmanjones
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I recently spent 2 months in Worthing due to work commitments. While reviewing various establishments on the internet I was drawn to The Bay as it looked particularly cozy. I was not disappointed. On arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff who immediately asked if I wanted food even though it was late and the kitchen was closed. My room was spacious and comfortable and had all the facilities I required such as en suite, TV, coffee and free internet access. I had initially booked in for a week and as the week went on I was surprised to find various activities each evening such as table quiz and open mic night. Other nights I could relax and play chess by the fire with various patrons or simply enjoy conversation with the many interesting characters around. On occasion the manager would take out his guitar and amuse us with a song! However the most impressive selling point of The Bay has to be the food. As I stayed here for 2 months I had the pleasure of sampling the whole menu. From either the Bar or Restaurant, there is a fantastic selection from my favorite Spicy beef chilly salad to the biggest pork chop I have ever seen! Overall I would rate The Bay very highly and would recommend to anyone visiting Worthing be it for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank colm v
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

Having been to The Bay in the past many times before I was looking forward to taking my mum there for Mother's Day.
We had reserved a table for the 4 course set menu for 2pm, which we arrived for on time and excited for our meals.
Well, what a disaster... We waited over 50 minutes to receive our first course and then a further 40 before the main was even brought out. Now, working in the food industry myself, I could see the place was busy so a wait on food was expected, however the attitude from one member of staff was neither expected nor appreciated by myself and my whole family. We mentioned as the main courses were brought over that we had been waiting over and hour and a half and that we were actually in a rush as I had to get to work by 4 (booking the table at 2 seemed reasonable for us?) anyway, after this remark the member of staff turned around and said that they had been busy and that if we didn't like it then in the future they won't take our bookings again.
At this point we decided to leave early and paid for our meals, we told the manager what the member of staff had said to us and he could only apologise and was very pleasant about the whole thing.
After we paid however the same member of staff turned it on us saying that "no one else has complained"

A little customer service goes a long way and I'm afraid I will never set foot in The Bay again.
It wasn't necessarily the rude remarks that the staff said, but also the attitude and lack of respect they showed us. The start of the day went well but the particular member of staff here deeply upset my mum on Mother's Day, especially as we were such good customers before.

• Stayed March 2013
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

We held a family Birthday party get together for 25 adults and children here in early Feb 2013.
We booked it 'blind' from the website after discussing our requirements with Sean (Chef) who was very easy to deal with and could sort our particular wish list.The day went off a treat, the staff made it very easy to organise, always on hand and able to manage a number of real time requests with no fuss,and very accomodating.Food and function room were excellent, and great value.
Great location just off the seafront , parking was a concern , but permits were made available from the Bay which made it all very easy.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pete c
Lancing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

I spent a wonderful evening at the The Bay in Worthing last night. The place is a hidden gem for Worthing and is true secret which I have now discovered.

The ambience of the place is amazing and the decor is beautiful.

For my first course I had an French Onion Soup which tasted just like I was back in Paris, The soup was fragrant and light and tasted amazing.

The main course was Turkey wrapped in bacon in a delicious sauce with sliced roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Not only did this taste wonderful the plate looked as if a food stylist had styled the plate for me. Only a photo could do it justice, so I have attached on for you to see.

It ended with a finale of Creme Brulee with a stunning Chocolate Crisp and Strawberry Addition.

The Sauvingnon Blanc was a good choice for the meal

The evening show was classy and christmasy and the staff made everyone feel really special.#
I even met the Chef who was both charming and interested in if I had enjoyed the meal. No need the plate was clean and this has not happened in a long time.

Shout it loud and clear The Bay is open and the food is amazing and well priced. I will definetly be going back for another visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nadia454
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

"Superior" rooms with view of a building site not the sea as advertised. Drippy taps and a shower that stopped half way through a shower. Ladies be warned ther's no hairdryer. Room was clean and spacious but right above the bar which made it a little noisy although it went quiet not long after midnight. Staff & locals very friendly. A little expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: Avoid superior room 1 above the bar