Having recently stayed at Tudor Lodge "guest house" for work purposes I have a few observations to make:
1) The website shows inside decor which bears no relation to what we actually witnessed - there was no breakfast room and the rooms we were given were nothing like as comfortable or clean looking as is shown.
2) First thing we noticed when we arrived was a rather unpleasant smell, the owners clearly smoke in the house and this gave the rooms a very musty aroma.
3) In agreement with another reviewer; the bathroom situation is unsettling. There are no ensuites as mentioned again on the website. The bathroom we were using (in the hall) had a window which was covered with a thin and virtually transparent piece of netting.
4) in agreement again with previous reviewer; it was not uncommon that whenever we were in the hall the owner seemed to be lurking.
5) Also unsettling was the fact that throughout our three day stay there was a steady stream of different middle aged men, who did not appear to be guests, making their way to the top room of the house, which appeared to be off limits to guests.
This place is more like a bed sit than a b&b ESPECIALLY a "family freindly" b&b. If you're looking for a cheap one night stop then this would do...only it's not that cheap!More
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included