“Loved it”

Tudor Lodge Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Tudor Lodge Guest House
Ranked #20 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
“Loved it”
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, it was lovely and friendly, very homely. Staff were very welcoming. And breakfast was brought to our room which was very nice. Would recommend it to a friend and would stay there again

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank bunnistasia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have moved to UK with my husband and we were supposed to stay in a hotel or guest house in Worthing before finding a suitable place to move in. One of our friends' booked Tudor Lodge for us and we were supposed to stay there for 3-4 days. But we eventually stayed there for 4 weeks and were not even very keen to move out of the property. But we had to due to some personal reasons. Tudor Lodge is an excellent place to stay at Worthing. Robert is an amazing individual who treats you as a precious guest. Rooms are spacious, beautiful, well decorated and sparkling clean. The breakfast served is mouthwatering. I must say omelettes of Tudor Lodge are simply delectable. Apart from providing us with wonderful accommodation facilities, behaviour of every person at the Lodge is praiseworthy. You will feel at home while staying in this place. I must say that its the best accommodation in Worthing town. Being centrally located, Tudor Lodge is close to the Town centre, the West Worthing railway station and the sea front.

Room Tip: Specify the kind of rooms you want before visiting.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Kingswinford
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Often stay here for long weekends , semi business, semi leisure.
The house is convientley situated about five minutes walk to the town and ten to the sea front.It is also close to the railway station It is a delightful period Edwardian house with spacious large double rooms.The whole house is clean and pleasant.
The owner,Rob,is the perfect host.friendly but professional There is an excellent full english breakfast brought to your room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul A
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Checked in Christmas day after a ten hour flight and three hour car ride. Gracious welcome. Wonderful two bedroom ensuite spacoous and clean. Excellant breakfast served in room next morning. Recommend highly.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Arkansas63
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Having recently stayed at Tudor Lodge "guest house" for work purposes I have a few observations to make:

1) The website shows inside decor which bears no relation to what we actually witnessed - there was no breakfast room and the rooms we were given were nothing like as comfortable or clean looking as is shown.

2) First thing we noticed when we arrived was a rather unpleasant smell, the owners clearly smoke in the house and this gave the rooms a very musty aroma.

3) In agreement with another reviewer; the bathroom situation is unsettling. There are no ensuites as mentioned again on the website. The bathroom we were using (in the hall) had a window which was covered with a thin and virtually transparent piece of netting.

4) in agreement again with previous reviewer; it was not uncommon that whenever we were in the hall the owner seemed to be lurking.

5) Also unsettling was the fact that throughout our three day stay there was a steady stream of different middle aged men, who did not appear to be guests, making their way to the top room of the house, which appeared to be off limits to guests.

This place is more like a bed sit than a b&b ESPECIALLY a "family freindly" b&b. If you're looking for a cheap one night stop then this would do...only it's not that cheap!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bec1_12
ireland
Reviewed 12 April 2012

myself and a friend stayed in this so called guest house in early April. Firstly the outside of the buliding is covered in scaffolding which the owner did not inform us of when we phoned to book. the house was like a building site! the smell of dust and fust was awful. the room was dated and was not ensuite as shown on the website, the bathroom on the corridor was clean but had glass on the door which does not ensure privacy. everytime myself and my friend went from our room to the bathroom the owner suddenly appeared in the hall way which we found most uncomfortable. would not recommend this place to anyone !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank smurfy661
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I am very happy to be the first to review this guest house (not to be confused by the Tudor Guest House) as were so impressed by everything that was offered during my stay. Staying for work purposes, and as I was doing night shifts for a week, I was worried about getting enough sleep during the day so Robert the owner offered me the top room of the house on its own landing, which was a double for £30 a night; superb value for money!

When I arrived I was greeted by Robert, who was extremely friendly and helpful. The parking on the road is a permit, so was given permits as not to get caught out by traffic wardens.
The room was spacious, clean and the bathroom (also spacious) was excellent. Instead of having tea bags and sugar in packets it was all in little jars..enough to last me the whole week. Milk was given in a jug to put in my little fridge, which kept it cold..lovely!

What I should add is although this is a guest house, breakfast also comes with the stay! As there is no communal area to eat, all you do is give your order to Robert the night before and it gets brought up to your room on tray, for whatever time suits you; superb! As I woke up very late afternoon I was given weetabix to last the week, along with a bowl and spoon.
All the amenities are very close by, with take aways and pubs 5 minutes walk away.

Robert and his friend do a fantastic job of running this guest house and I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone. And for the price..even better. Well done!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business