“Another very good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Avalon Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Avalon Guest House
Ranked #14 of 30 Worthing B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Another very good stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here again for a couple of nights last week. As always a very pleasant stay including a delicious breakfast. Just a pebbles throw from the beach. As before a friendly welcome although we were late Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garrick888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Essex
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed here with my family in August after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed. It's a lovely guesthouse with clean, airy and well appointed rooms. Just round the corner is the Seafront, and a short strolls takes you into town, or to the nearby Leisure Centre or Park (very pretty). A very quiet area too. Breakfast was great, a good selection and plenty of it! It was nice to have a hotel that you look forward to returning to at the end of the day. Price was really reasonable, couldn't fault it, very helpful and friendly staff too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bluefamily
Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My parents stayed here in April and loved it so we booked for a week with them in July. We loved it too! Pauline and Matthew couldn't have done more for us. Minutes from the beach, lovely bright and airy rooms, with a ground floor room for my aged parents made for a lovely holiday. Great breakfasts too.

Room Tip: Room 1 is ground floor en suite, room 7 is lovely en suite but the plumbing noises are interesting!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol364
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have stayed at Avalon many times over the past four years and have always found Pauline, the Owner and Matthew her son great hosts, They could not be more helpful and friendly, maing one feel at home immediately you arrive.
The rooms are clean and well appointed and they spoil me for breakfast with multiple fruits, juice, museli etc. I don't take cooked breafast so can't assess if good, it however looks OK
There prices are also very reasonable for en suite
When they are fully booked they do all possible to locate an alternative guest house, they have never failed to find something for me

Room Tip: The two ensuites are the best rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John G
Berkshire UK
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had another very nice stay at the Avalon Guest House at the beginning of June. Once again we found the guest house welcoming, clean, comfortable and extremely reasonably priced. Just a few yards from the seafront and very close to the bus stop for easy travel to nearby locations the Avalon couldn't be better situated.
Give this place a try - it would be very difficult to beat at these prices!

Room Tip: Not all rooms are en-suite, so make sure you request this when booking.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank johnto58
london
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had been visiting a friend at the local hospital and due to the snow fall could not get back home and stumbled across this most charming B&B.

Without a booking I knocked on the door and was greeted by Pauline, she kindly offered me a cuppa(to help brave these Arctic conditions) whilst Mathew(I believe the son) took my bag to the room and made me feel very welcome.

The room and bathroom were lovely, airy and spotless, the bed of extreme comfort. Waking up nice and toasty, breakfast followed. Oh my! What a treat! Full English, was even asked how I like my bacon done! I also noticed a good selection of cereals and fruits. The condiments were presented in these tiny minature Hienz Ketchup bottles, which I just loved!

For such a low charging B&B, the accommodation, service and quality of breakfast were superior to many other establishments up and down the country which charge upto 4 times as much!

Upon leaving, I noted to Pauline that I admired her coasters, to which she shoved 8 of them into a bag for me! Not a bad start to the year! Thank you Pauline and Mathew, for providing me with such a great value friendly stay.

Room Tip: Room 2, has a lovely balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Due to an almighty cock-up or just bad luck I found myself waiting around a month for a flat to become available. Pauline and Mathew were then my hosts for all of December whilst I waited for the agents and the landlord and the previous tennants to sort it out amongst themselves.

I found this little place very relaxed and friendly with enthusiastic service in abundance. I was very well looked after By a very Sweet Mother and friendly, efficient son.

I stayed in room 2 which was ideal as i has a balcony and me being a smoker meant i didn't have to trapes downstairs and out front to do so. Please extinguise your fags sensibly!

My only gripe is not exclusive to any particular establishment as I find it everywhere. Can we please have quilts and not sheets and blankets and can we please have more powerful showers? Like I say this is something I find in hotels and guesthouses everywhere, so it's not directed to Avalon anymore than anywhere else I've stayed.

So over all I totally recommend this place and must stress also that the prices are the best in the area too. You won't find anywhere cheaper and thankfully cheaper in this case doesn't mean any kind of compromise. They even have broadband readily available throughout.

Thanks folks!