“Reasonable food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Reel Cafe - CLOSED

Reel Cafe
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Reasonable food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I went to this restaurant/cafe one evening with a group of colleagues from work. We actually had the place to ourselves, which was rather nice! The food was served quickly and efficiently by a friendly waitress - my only real criticism was that we had to ask for serving spoons for the tapas dishes that we obviously shared between us - and was mostly very nice. The fish dish was, however, very bony, so I didn't really enjoy that. The tapas flowed thick and fast and we finished off with a choice of dessert and a coffee. One very good thing about this venue is that you are welcome to take your own wine along - I wish this was an option in more restaurants! I have to be honest and say that I have enjoyed meals in other restaurants more than in this particular one but, if you are looking for a meal out on a restricted budget, this is a good choice. I will probably go back during the day at some point to sample their cake /coffee range as the display I saw looked quite inviting!

• Visited May 2013

Worthing
“Not very nice really !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Popped in whilst my car was being valeted at the garage opposite, ordered a breakfast and it took ages to arrive. Quality of the ingredients was poor and not worth the money. Couldn't and wouldn't recommend this cafe, stroppy girl on the till too. You can do so much better than this.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank hotelreviewforyooo
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I visited Reel cafe on a sunny afternoon last week whilst walking along the beach with my husband and two young children. We popped in for coffee at the cafe and ended up getting pulled in by their exquisite menus and childrens play area. Truly made my afternoon sitting in the back room watching the kids play with the toys. Lovely and friendly staff were the cherry on the cake, will be making regular visits back.

• Visited March 2013
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Big menu - too big perhaps?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I had really gone for a walk to find some fish and chips (next door) but it was closed, so I had a look in here. A blackboard advertised 'Specials' - with a bean chilli, which I quite liked the sound of. Sadly, they'd run out of that, but offered a Chili-con-carne which I found very pleasant - if a bit lacking in excitement, with no garnish to give it a bit of interest. Excellent (and large) Latte too. Good value and I'll be back.

• Visited January 2013
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Eggs Benedict”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Fantastic little eaterie - just perfect for brunch this morning - great cappucino! :) Try it for yourself ...

Visited September 2012