“I love this little place!”
Review of Istanbul Cafe

Istanbul Cafe
Ranked #55 of 378 Restaurants in Worthing
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Ayla's Little Istanbul Cafe is a small, friendly, 5 star food hygiene rated eatery serving quality food at a great price. We pride ourselves on outstanding service, value for money and making all our customers feel at home. Why not pop in for the best English breakfast in town, or try one of our Turkish specialities such as home made kofte meatballs or tasty lamb and chicken shish. Or if you're in a hurry, enjoy our quality local coffee and a sandwich or snack to take away.We hope to see you soon.Ayla and the team.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am a regular at this little cafe and am really surprised to read about the poor experience! All I can say is really give it another chance. I've been going there for years and never had any reason to complain, food has always been excellent quality and superb value for money! I continue to highly recommend to friends and family and the staff are always very helpful, friendly! What more could you ask!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have eaten at this cafe before and never had cause to complaine . However, today Sunday 16 March, we eat at the Instanbul Cafe and had dreadful food.

We walked in and were greeted by the waitress, who stated she would be with us shortly, this is when our good experience stopped. Another family sat down behind us, we waited to order (as it is table service), however the waitress went to be family who walked in a good 5 minutes after us and asked were they ready to order. I stated we would like to order please, the women at the next table aplogised for jumping the queue, which was not her fault. The waitress said "oh no matter" and went on to take their order and continued to ignore us. Eventaully she took our order, as we were on the verge of walking out - I wish we had!

When my jacket potatoe with tuna, sweetcorn and mayo eventualy arrived the potatoe was cold and the tuna etc was like water, Needless to say I complained and it was taken away. I then had to wait while my husband eat his meal for my meal to be changed which took about 10 minutes. When the replacement Jacket potatoe arrived it was only slightly warmer, and the filling was again very runny, so runny that could could have spread it very thinnly on bread. When I complained again, I was informed thay are only allowed to serve JP's at a certain tempreture and they had cheked this before serving. I often eat JP's and have never received cold potatoes before. I am very dissappointed, not only with the food but also the service we received today.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

There is little exotic about this little cafe but uts very good indeed. its very small but they manage to fit in over twenty covers inside and half a dozen or more outside if the weather is ok. The first thing we noticed when we visited last weekend was that it is spotless - have a glimpse at the cooking area behind the counter - it's absolutely shining, and the second was a nice friendly welcome. They prominelty display both their 5* food hygeine and Tripadvisor certificates. The staff were very helpful and efficient. Thirdly, the food was freshly cooked and lovely and fourth, the prices were really good. I've no idea how they turn a profit. A great little place that really deserves custom.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great atmosphere , good field and friendly staff, would recommend highly. Ideal for large groups. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Love this place. Staff is great and always friendly, food is very good - quantity and quality. I highly recommend this place.