“Very relaxed Sunday lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 344 Restaurants in Worthing
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ayla's Little Istanbul Cafe is a small, friendly, 5 star food hygiene rated eatery serving quality food at a great price. We pride ourselves on outstanding service, value for money and making all our customers feel at home. Why not pop in for the best English breakfast in town, or try one of our Turkish specialities such as home made kofte meatballs or tasty lamb and chicken shish. Or if you're in a hurry, enjoy our quality local coffee and a sandwich or snack to take away.We hope to see you soon.Ayla and the team.
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very relaxed Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My family visited Istanbul on Sunday lunchtime. Was surprised it was deserted but quickly seated and offered a drink - all charm and efficiency. The Turkish Beer was particularly pleasant....... Place began to fill as we completed our starters and it seemed to be pleasantly full by 2pm. Which might explain the wait for delivery of our main courses. The variety of meals were all well cooked and presented, piping hot and absolutely delicious. All followed up with baklava and coffee..... Somehow three and a half hours had flown by as it came to time to pay up and disappear. As this meal came to something like over £20/head I think you'll get very good value for money depending on your choice of course. Thoroughly recommended by me.....very enjoyable experience.

Visited August 2014

“I love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing food wery well.I LOVE IT!!!!! The service was fantastic and the food served piping hot. I recommend this place and will return

Worthing, West Sussex
“Excellent all day breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I sometimes visit this cafe for a breakfast, and at any time of the day. The staff are friendly, and the service is fairly prompt - always a prerequisite in my oipinion! The seating may be a little uncomforable for some, but I shall continue to eat there as I tend not to linger, though not sure about trying anything Turkish yet. Another thing which is useful to know is that you can often park in front of the cafe. After you've had your meal, it's just a short walk to the sea front!

• Visited June 2014
London
“Surprised by the great reviews...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Went in last weekend for breakfast, I did not think it was great at all. I am really surprised that this has such great reviews. I had scrambled egg on toast, it was a very pale shade of yellow and not generous all, I can only assume they put too much milk in it. The brown bread was probably "savers" bread very thin and flimsy, I had a side sausage and I am pretty sure it was a banger not even a real sausage - mushy inside with white gristle. And it is not even that cheap (its not expensive) but for the produce they are using it is! Not a patch on Sea Lane or fancy coffee by Waitrose. The Goring Cafe is also much better. Honestly shocked by how busy this place was and how popular it is... Maybe I need to try the main food here, perhaps the chicken and rice. I don't know but the sausages were honestly horrible. :-(

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sharkbait_kat
“Was never sure about this place till I tried it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Don't judge a book by its cover. For some reason I thought this was going to be very Turkish based food wise. How wrong was I, great bacon rolls and other British classics along with a lovely Turkish coffee if you fancy.