“Something Different”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The menu contains plenty of dishes not found at a standard "curry house", it was really difficult to choose what to try. The food that we odered was great, full of lovely distinct flavours and very well presented. The portions were very generous so we were glad we didn't order too much! The bill was no more than we are used to paying elsewhere and we consider that we had good value for money. The Banquet Night and Party Night offers look even better value. We whole-heartedly recommend The Chilcha to anyone who likes Indian food.

There are newer reviews for Chilcha

Reviewed 16 August 2013

What a fiasco! Fantastic food and good value lunchtime menu completely let down by the intransigence of the waiting staff who (pretended that they) could't understand enough English to comprehend my request or to understand my complaint when they brought me exactly what I had asked not to have. Wahid, the manager was unavailable so I had no opportunity to get my query responded to properly so ended up having what I didn't want and hadn't asked for and not being made to feel that I couldn't leave without paying for what was brought but I hadn't ordered. Don't get me wrong, if you want good quality Indian food at what seems to be a reasonable cost, in a restaurant where any query apart from pointing to an item on the menu so the waiter can see what he thinks you want and can't respond to anything else, is ok, then this is the place for you, but it's definitely not for me.

I will not be returning, and can't remember the last time I had been so disappointed in any restaurant anywhere.

1  Thank reggierenault
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My step father and I drove from Steyning to Worthing to try Chilcha after reading reviews on Trip advisor and we were not disappointed. In fact, we returned on my birthday 6 days later to try other vegetarian selections in this modern, stylish gem in Worthing. Wahid and his staff could not be more helpful and attentive making the whole experience very pleasurable! From the special salsas for the starters to the creative dishes of the main courses it is faultless. Fresh ginger, corriander and lime all enhance a myriad of flavours. The main dishes showed imagination and a clear knowledge on how to blend spices and the okra, aubergine and spinach choice makes my mouth water even thinking about it. Just a shame we live in Spain as we would be a regular customers

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Really impressed with the food here, everything was hot, fresh and very tasty. The waiters were attentive without being overbearing and the decor is clean and modern. Would definitely give this place a try if you're in Worthing and fancy a curry.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

the peshawari dum gosht was one of the best curries i ever had; tender lamb with full of flavour; i will definitely go back; even the north indian garlic chicken was very good;the starters were a disappointment though; they were cold when it came to the table and not so good!!