“A wow welcome and stay”

Ranked #5 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Baglan, United Kingdom
“A wow welcome and stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Peter and Pippa were excellent hosts in every way. I called them a few times prior to arriving and nothing was too much for them. They were so helpful in offering travel routes. The B and B was very clean and tidy, offering above and beyond a three star rating. Quality linen, towels, cotton wool buds, corkscrew upon request and even bath robes and dressing gowns! A very quiet and comfortable weekend. Other guests were very friendly at the most delightful breakfast which offered everything one needed. The quality was five star and beautifully presented. The food was hot and good tasting coffee was available at all times. This B and B offers high standards in all areas and at excellent prices. A huge thank you to you both for making us both very welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael D
ManorGH, Owner at Manor Guest House, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Some very nice observations which perhaps we take for granted. We were glad that staying at the manor guest house worked well for you that weekend. as you noted and others have said having a good mix of guests who engage makes breakfast time even more enjoyable!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Ottery St. Mary, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

A gem of a B&B.
Welcome and following hospitality was first class.
My room, a single, was a good size with a comfortable bed, flat screen freeview tv and good storage space and spotless. Although no en-suite the bathroom (one of two available) was just across the corridor with bath and over bath shower. It was also spotlessly clean and I didn't see any evidence of anyone else using it!
Breakfast consisted of a very wide choice of food. My scrambled egg etc was good and tasty.
Parking for five cars was a nice extra and worked well with a little organisation.
The location is a twenty minute walk from the centre of Worthing which is ideal as it is quieter and gives the opportunity for a nice walk.
There are other eating and drinking options closer and give good choices of fare.
The big test, would I return. Yes, have already booked for another stay.
Thank you Peter and Pippa for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Although not seen I suspect all rooms are of the same high quality and really clean and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CroquetDave
ManorGH, Owner at Manor Guest House, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and the guest house. Comments which we hope will help other users. We were glad that staying here worked out well for you, and you re-booked so soon after. We look forward to your future visits.
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Manor Guest House was exactly what we were looking for! We were greeted by a lovely cup of tea and a great room with everything we needed! Breakfast was delicious and it is in a great location, within walking distance to the city centre, the train station and buses. Pete and Pippa were fabulous, friendly hosts with lots of knowledge of the area and things to do!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoTaylor12
ManorGH, Owner at Manor Guest House, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you both for taking the time and trouble to comment on your stay at Manor Guest House. we are glad that staying here worked out for you visiting Worthing, Brighton and London. We do try to point out local and not so local places to visit - but you had a pretty packed itinerary anyway!
Ventnor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The service was absolutely brilliant. I was greeted with a smile, made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The room was very nicely decorated and comfortable, being equipped with all the necessary amenities that make your stay pleasant. The location was great and Brighton was only a short distance away in the car. The whole experience was great!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
PeterMGH, Owner at Manor Guest House, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
It was good that we proved to be a good base for you and your friends. Brighton is quite convenient it's a shame that going by train wouldn't have worked for you as that is particularly easy. Glad that you felt that the room was well kitted out.
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights whilst visiting friends in the area. What a great find this was. Lovely bright and airy room, and spotlessly clean. Peter and Pippa take pride in paying real personal attention to guests and we felt extremely welcome. They go the extra mile to make sure your stay is perfect, with sound recommendations for places to eat and visit and even producing a detailed recommended route for departure. Breakfast was excellent, enhanced by Peter's ready wit and repartee. We hope to stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
PeterMGH, Owner at Manor Guest House, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. We were glad that you managed to fit in so much whilst you were down here including the walk up one of our local hills. Hopefully our suggested "exit Worthing" itinerary and alternative route worked!
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed at MGH 2 to 3 days a week continuously for 7 weeks for my business purpose in Feb, Mar and Apr 2013. I find Peter and Pippa are excellent in their hospitality as if I was at home. I give them 10 out of 10. I shall stay there again in future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
PeterMGH, Owner at Manor Guest House, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you Dilip for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are pleased that we helped to make your stay down here that much better for you whilst you were working away from home. It is good when guests get on well and chat over breakfast and in the evenings and you made interesting contributions to those sessions! Good luck on your new projects
Midlands UK
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Manor for a long weekend with my partner as I was in the area on business. I have a large 7.5 tonne vehicle transporter and on my first call Pippa went and measured the car park to ensure that my vehicle could be accomodated. On arrival Peter came to assist with parking up and a cuppa was provided to welcome us after a long journey. Peter took time to show us on a map where we could find local eateries and facilities.
The B&B was very light and airy, its immaculate and our room was perfect.
Breakfast was lovely Pippa you do a fine job! Peter it was a joy to see you in your 'pinny' each morning ;) marmalade, we need the recipe.
Every day our room was put in order, bed made, shower door glass wiped, bin emptied, room 'accoutrements' (tea tray etc) replenished, bottled water in our room supplied. Wish Id left my ironing out im sure it would have been done by my return. I forgot my hair drier a quick mention and one was in my room to borrow when I got in!

One of the best places we have stayed I know where I will stay if I am working in the area again. Some other lovely people staying that weekend too.

Top job P&P thank you xx
Clare and Michelle
Volkswagen Funerals

• Stayed April 2013
PeterMGH, Owner at Manor Guest House, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
C & M, Thank you for taking the time to review and report on your stay at the manor and your weekend in the Worthing area. We were pleased that staying with us worked out well for you and you were able to pack in both work and trips to Brighton, Chichester and a few places in Worthing itself!
We couldn't guarantee that the ironing fairies would have appeared during your stay but the iron and ironing board might have!