“Rubbish customer service”

The Vintner's
Ranked #87 of 347 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancing, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rubbish customer service”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Staff are incredibly rude and the atmosphere is unpleasent. We were sitting at a table that did not have a reserved sign on it then someone put one on it but said we didn't need to move yet then another member of staff came out and said move can't you read the sign disgusting attitudes to top it off they removed my review from there facebook page they ruined my night

Visited December 2013
1 Thank emily771

London, United Kingdom
“Abusive Manager”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Visited here for the 2nd time last night. The first time, my friend queried whether the wine was Sauvignon ( it wasn't) and the barman started having a go at her, refused to change it an. The barman was beyond rude.
I went there again last night for a leaving do. I had two glasses of wine having specifically requested NZ Sauvignon. Same for the 3rd but when my friend gave it to me, it was not NZ Sauvignon. The barmaid admitted she had put another wine in the glass as they were out of the NZ one. As I did not like the other wine, my friend asked if he could swap it for a vodka. My friend was incredibly polite throughout the conversation. The barmaid went to speak to the manager to see if this was ok. The manager was not happy about the request and ended the exchange with "just give it to the C***"
Whoever owns this pub seriously needs to invest in some customer service training and I would suggest immediate dismissal of a manager that calls a customer a C***

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank SophieJaneW
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Function room party”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Invited by the family for a party in the function room. No food served but excellent choice of beers and wine etc. good dance floor and pkenty of room for about 100 people.

2 Thank Kirstie B
Worthing, United Kingdom
“One of the least attractive pubs of Worthing...”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Unfortunately for me The Vintner's Parrot is situated close to my place of work so it often becomes the go-to venue for a quick Friday evening drink (the other option being The Warwick which is just as bad) when we're desperate for a sit down and a gossip.

The bar staff are pleasant enough so I can't really complain about that. Drink prices are average and I must say the bottle of Spanish house wine for £6.99 is really rather good! The odd bits of food I've had here haven't been bad, I was pleasantly surprised at the Maple Chicken Salad which came in a large bowl and seemed to be relatively fresh. Work colleagues have also commented that the burgers they ordered were pretty good.

The things that let this place down are the toilets and the level of cleanliness. First of all, the ladies toilets: grubby, often void of loo roll and one out of the two cubicles has a broken lock leaving you with no choice but to hold the door shut from the inside... you know the feeling. The sink is always a bit grim and the handwash is frequently empty with no replacement in sight.

Tables are generally very sticky and haven't been wiped down properly and there are suspect stains on most of the sofas and chairs. Don't look at the ceiling either because that's got some rather suspicious looking marks on it too. Everything looks very tired (apart from the plasma TV screens mounted above the bar/pool table) and is in dire need of a complete refurbishment.

If this pub wasn't literally on our route home, we'd never come here. More fool us I suppose but I would never recommend it nor come here on any other occasion. Sorry guys.

1 Thank Whitefinch
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, attentive, friendly service”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our waitress couldn't do enough for us, even bringing additional drinks too us rather than having to go back to the bar. Nicest veggie burger I've had

1 Thank Anne S