“A Thai hidden treasure”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The decor was impressive and authentic with a modern twist.The choice on the menu was very varied and different to other Thai places i have been there was steaks for people who liked more american food and classic thai and street thai desserts where intresting. Waitresses very attentive and charming. Value for money as portions were large. Outside looks a bit naff but inside really well put together.recommend to everyone as good service and really great food

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We decided on Carabao for my birthday meal with my parents as although my husband and I both love Thai food, my dad is inexperienced (though very willing to learn) and my mum likes more plain traditional food and dreads 'being dragged' to any sort of foreign food establishment!

The restaurant itself is modern Thai style with tall backed comfy chairs, wood tables and wood carvings on the walls but still bright and the tables aren't too close together. Even the toilet facilities were nicely decorated, very clean and included Molton Brown soap and hand cream.

The Thai staff were very friendly and gave us just the right amount of attention although the only grumble is that my dad ended up with a chicken dish when he had asked for prawn but overall he very much enjoyed his Tom Kha Gai soup followed by Panaeng Curry. My husband loved the scallops and his lamb shank in yellow curry whilst my Phad Ka Pow Neua had just the right amount of zing but topping it all off was the lovely steak that my mum had which was a lovely piece of meat with no fat. All the food was beautifully presented and we can't fault them on it at all.

My mum came out praising the whole experience so I very much hope this means we will be going back!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I wrote a bad review two years ago about this place then it closed down.
I returned there last weekend as it has opened again,
I was informed it has a different owner now!
I must say we had a lovely steak and ok service,
the menu is the same as before, so will try the Thai menu next time,
the staff didn't seem that confident maybe it will be better next time!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We had been to this restaurant before and we were very impressed so we booked a table for valentines day. We had a very warm welcome and shown to our table. Unfortunately it was down hill from there. We ordered the set meal. it took nearly an hour for our starter to arrive and when it did it was near enough thrown at us as the waitress rushed passed, with no apology for the delay. We had both ordered steak for our main but when it arrived the sauce on my husbands wasn't what he had ordered, when we told the waitress there was a mistake instead of rectifying the mistake she was very abrupt saying there was no mistake. The steak was divine cooked beautifully unfortunately the chips were a let down they tasted like frozen oven chips and there were only 5 on the plate. Based on this visit I would probably not return.

1  Thank Sam300612
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I was taken here last night for valentines day with my husband. After being seated we were then given a 'valentines set menu' (my husband hadn't been told this when booking) we then waited for about 20 minutes before eventually asking someone if we could order. We then had to wait an hour to get any kind of food, when it arrived it was poor at best. When we complained and were told that they had opened the upstairs and that 45-1hr was not long to wait?!? The waitress seemed uninterested and for us we were just so disappointed after looking forward to a meal out! We were still waiting for our dessert 2 hours into our visit, so told them not to bother, paid our over priced bill (even with a discount after complaining) and left. Such a shame as we have been before and the food and service were good, they seemed to fall apart after a busy evening. We would not recommend and will not be returning...the people next to us said the same!!!!

2  Thank Jenny T