“Tofu with everything”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Tofu with everything”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We used to enjoy the lunch menu here, but today my chicken pad thai was half chicken and half tofu. When I complained, they said that all their pad thais contain tofu, whichever meat you order. One to avoid from now on I think.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank PH0

“A Thai hidden treasure”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The decor was impressive and authentic with a modern twist.The choice on the menu was very varied and different to other Thai places i have been there was steaks for people who liked more american food and classic thai and street thai desserts where intresting. Waitresses very attentive and charming. Value for money as portions were large. Outside looks a bit naff but inside really well put together.recommend to everyone as good service and really great food

Lancing, United Kingdom
“Fanthaistic!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We decided on Carabao for my birthday meal with my parents as although my husband and I both love Thai food, my dad is inexperienced (though very willing to learn) and my mum likes more plain traditional food and dreads 'being dragged' to any sort of foreign food establishment!

The restaurant itself is modern Thai style with tall backed comfy chairs, wood tables and wood carvings on the walls but still bright and the tables aren't too close together. Even the toilet facilities were nicely decorated, very clean and included Molton Brown soap and hand cream.

The Thai staff were very friendly and gave us just the right amount of attention although the only grumble is that my dad ended up with a chicken dish when he had asked for prawn but overall he very much enjoyed his Tom Kha Gai soup followed by Panaeng Curry. My husband loved the scallops and his lamb shank in yellow curry whilst my Phad Ka Pow Neua had just the right amount of zing but topping it all off was the lovely steak that my mum had which was a lovely piece of meat with no fat. All the food was beautifully presented and we can't fault them on it at all.

My mum came out praising the whole experience so I very much hope this means we will be going back!

• Visited March 2014
“a turn around”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I wrote a bad review two years ago about this place then it closed down.
I returned there last weekend as it has opened again,
I was informed it has a different owner now!
I must say we had a lovely steak and ok service,
the menu is the same as before, so will try the Thai menu next time,
the staff didn't seem that confident maybe it will be better next time!

• Visited February 2014
“Hit and miss!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We had been to this restaurant before and we were very impressed so we booked a table for valentines day. We had a very warm welcome and shown to our table. Unfortunately it was down hill from there. We ordered the set meal. it took nearly an hour for our starter to arrive and when it did it was near enough thrown at us as the waitress rushed passed, with no apology for the delay. We had both ordered steak for our main but when it arrived the sauce on my husbands wasn't what he had ordered, when we told the waitress there was a mistake instead of rectifying the mistake she was very abrupt saying there was no mistake. The steak was divine cooked beautifully unfortunately the chips were a let down they tasted like frozen oven chips and there were only 5 on the plate. Based on this visit I would probably not return.

• Visited February 2014