“Little gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Lancing, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I first visited this with my husband a couple of weeks ago for coffee and were really pleasantly surprised at the great decor and very attentive staff so we decided to try go there again this week for breakfast, I had their 'min-breakfast' and my husband feeling very hungry opted for the larger one, these were both absolutely great, well presented and all the food was of very high quality.
This really is a first class place, very comfy,papers supplied to have a browse whilst waiting. Just one small complaint, I asked for a second cup of coffee which I paid for, it would have been nice to have had this as a free re-fill which some places give, especially as we had purchased the breakfasts. Will most certainly be going there when in Worthing.

• Visited December 2013

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This new cafe is beautifully decorated, has very comfortable, high quality seating and the owner seems very keen to make sure that customers are happy and attended to. We had one of their 'mini-breakfasts' which was great value for money, really well-cooked and darned tasty.
Cutlery, crockery and tables are spotless - as is the cafe generally. I hope they manage to maintain their high standards as this will make them stand out from the rest.
On another occasion we came for a hot chocolate and slice of coffee & walnut cake. Scrummy!

• Visited November 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“could be better”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

my first visit and it looked promising ,modern, clean, and trendy , and yes coffee was excellent ,however like a previous reviewer ,the scones we had were a real let down very dry and served with a blob of squirty cream , and no butter ! at £2.50 can't think anywhere that charges as much .However looking at the mini breakfast several were having I think I made the wrong choice and will give it another try ,the girls serving were also very pleasant .

• Visited October 2013
London
“Comfort with your coffee”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have seldom come across such a pleasant place to stop for a bite and drink. The seats are very comfortable and the tables are not crowded together. Decor modern and fresh and very pleasant staff. Our food was fresh and appetising and we whiled away a pleasant lunchtime whilst reading the papers provided. WiFi is also available. Prices are on a par with other establishments and we thought a pot of tea for two at £2.70 was very reasonable. If we are in Worthing for a day trip out again we will return.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank TishLondon
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Poor quality,high price scone”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Yes I agree with other reviewers the decor is attractive,bright and modern but let's get down to the nitty gritty,the food and drink. We decided to try this cafe for the first time in the hope that it's standard of food and service was better than some others in the vicinity. The coffee was okay and similar price to other places nearby. I ordered a scone...a whopping £2.50 but was told it did come with jam and cream....fair enough. Service was prompt and pleasant,though pleasant wasn't the word I would use for the scone. It tasted dry and had a very odd taste and the cheap jam came in one of those small plastic containers. It was a clear,red,rubbery,flavourless concoction.The 'cream' had been aerosol squirted into a dish. You get the picture,over priced, poor quality ingredients served up in stylish surroundings. Would not go here again.

• Visited October 2013