“Great breakfast!”
Review of Burlington Hotel

Burlington Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here overnight for a local Hallowe'en party. The Hotel was busy, but the staff were helpful. The rooms were large and like the rest of the hotel decor were a confusing mish mash of styles; the hotel definitely lacks some kind coherent style/theme/identity. The bar where we had breakfast displayed ominous signs about drug taking and CCTV surveillance, which was slightly off putting as we tucked into our Full English breakfasts. The breakfasts were great, with views onto the seafront, and were served by friendly efficient staff. So a bit of a mixed bag of a hotel all in all. All the basics are completely covered extremely well, it just lacks a bit of soul!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here during the early summer 2012, what there was of it (summer I mean lol). The wind blew and the rain came down. The hotel rooms was large and we could see the sea from our window (well sort of through the dirt). Although I'm sure if they cleaned them once a week, they sea spray would make them just as dirty after a couple of days.
The rooms were clean and the bed was good. The room was very warm however and when we opened the window a hatch in the ceiling blew out right above the bed, which was quite amusing especially when my husband did his best to close it.
The bar gets very busy so it can be difficult to get served, but staff were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was good, actually I dont really remember it so it wan't anything to complain or write home about.
I forgot to mention the plumbing, in our room the plumbing made an awful noise, we noticed during breakfast that it matched with the staff using the sink in the bar area. It is an old building so we supposed it couldnt be helped.
There is a chinese restaurant next door, I dont remember it's name, but the food/service/price were all wonderful and I would highly recommend it.
For a short stay this hotel is ideal and we will be using it again.

Room Tip: Make sure you visit the chinese restaurant next door for your evening meal, rather than use the hote...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We wanted a traditional place to stay on the waterfront at Worthing, The Burlington was a very comfortable Hotel, traditional high ceiling spacious rooms but with a modern bar and feel. Very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JonSamways
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Had an over night stay at the Burlington Hotel. stayed in a fantastic room.staff were excellent, nothing was to much trouble, food was delicious tasty and plentiful. what amazed me was that the painter at hotel helped me with my luggage found out from bar staff he was one of the directors!!! top marks would come back again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The room itself was beautiful with high ceilings and stylish furnishings. The bed was set on a raised platform and there was plenty of room. However none of the windows would open which made the room stuffy and too hot and in the morning full of condensation. The worst thing though was discovering blood stained sheets when we went to bed and as it was very late we didn't want to get them changed as needed to sleep but I can't believe that they whoever changed them didn't notice!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The room we were given was spacious and had a great view of the sea. The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of storage space in wardrobes and chests of drawers. There was a sofa, coffee table and three chairs. However no less than 5 light bulbs had failed and there was a broken pane of glass in the window which had been fixed with duct tape. Also the window blind was damaged which proved to be rather crucial since a scaffolder appeared at the window whilst my wife was dressing. We were not warned that there were scaffolders at work. In addition the carpet was torn in places and there was a broken nest of tables. The bathroom was satisfactory with a good shower.

Breakfast was quite plentiful and of good quality without being particularly outstanding. Service was unexceptional.

At £105 this room was poor value so I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Returned to this hotel as was visiting friends and relations, booked a bit late so had to have different rooms for different days, but the staff were very, very helpful, moving my bag for me while I was out, and helping me with getting into my room early and giving me a special rate for the inconvenience. The different rooms were all good, clean and spacious. The breakfast was particularly good and served in the delightful Gio's Restaurant overlooking the sea. The staff are particularly friendly and helpful. Will visit again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo