“Had a great night”
Review of Burlington Hotel

Burlington Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was in Worthing for a business trip. My colleague and I stayed at the Burlington. The rooms were big and comfortable. They were clean, although the bathroom could probably have benefitted from a make over. The bar was light and airy with friendly staff and the breakfast was good (although there was very limited alternatives to the traditional fry-up. Being right on the sea front the view from the room was spectacular.

Room Tip: They have 2 larger rooms at the front of the hotel with views of the bay. They are not that much mor...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul J
KerryGeneralManager, General Manager at Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you had a nice evening here and hope you will return. Thank you for your kind words about our location, rooms and breakfast. We are currently reviewing our breakfast menu and have recently introduced a lot more options, with more to come. We hope you will revisit to see for yourself.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I used this hotel for an overnight stay for a wedding I was attending nearby and was overall a good choice. I arrived late at night and checked in but found the staff to be welcoming helpful and efficient. The room was clean and tidy and was pleased to have a partial seaview having been told when booking my room this particular one didn't have one. (Was only room left when I booked so hotel is obviously very popular)

There was no noise from other guest during the night, the only noise were the rather loud seagulls in the morning but to be expected on a seafront. The shower was ok until it suddenly went red hot for a few seconds which was a bit of a wake up call !

Good breakfast. Went for the full English which was very nice. No grease and I was impressed by the quality of the sausage and bacon. Another plus is the view of the sea from the restaurant with the hotel being on the seafront. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim R

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a wonderful time at the party. We our spoiled with our location here and are very glad you were able to enjoy the views during your breakfast. Once again thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We usually stayed at The Beach Hotel (which was next door, until they pulled it down, and are now redeveloping homes and another hotel) - so this is the nearest we could get to our accustomed sea view in a Victorian building. Such a mixed assortment of positives and negatives it's hard to know where to start. So, let's start with the staff team and 'hospitality' which was absolutely excellent all round, especially of note were Fely and Peter in the restaurant, but on booking into our comfortable large double aspect, sea view room (Rm 202) despite the hot chocolate provision there were NO biscuits and the usual horrible UHT milk. Not even an offer of 'real' milk if we phoned the professional and well operated 'room service' A shame as it gives a careless impression for all the effort the 'boutique' makeover has made with toiletries,(great) modern prints (horrid) and very large T.V. The bed (kingsize) could do with an upgrade on pillows and duvet, but I guess the money spent has to cover such a lot. Breakfast (included in our room price) was served with smiles and speed by Fely (who knows her stuff from years at The Beach Hotel ...) and the clientele was an expected mix of family and business customers, although I could have done without the morning T.V/radio. The cooked breakfast had well sourced and fresh ingredients and the buffet was all the usual items, not specially of mention. The major concern was the unavailability of a lift - which I was assured is being serviced and will be operational soon. I do hope so, as for anyone of a certain age or disability access to the no doubt, good rooms on the higher floors must be a problem.
It's a shame in my view that the refit focussed on 'boutique' modern effects, when with a little more thought and effort The Burlington could have been transformed back to its former glory as a stylish Worthing seaside hotel.

Room Tip: choose a first floor room whilst the lift is not working, corner suites are large and double aspect
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sylvanglade
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This review is an afterthought as we stayed there several months ago on a special deal weekend break at around the Christmas period . The hotel is enormous although that means nothing as there is a strangely cosy appeal to it. It smacks of times gone by and has a lovely welcoming atmosphere (although it has all the required modern facilities)

We had an inclusive deal so we had breakfast and an evening meal. Must admit I was slightly dreading it as usually with hotels on that scale the food is nothing to write home about but.................. what a pleasant change. The breakfast was great, the evening meal was really good and the service was second to none. The bedroom was clean and comfortable, although obviously not one of the best rooms (what do you expect from a deal?) It was well stocked with all the necessities. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, especially if you are coming from abroad and would like a taste of what hotels used to feel like many years ago but with all mod cons.

Room Tip: \you can't really choose if you are on a break like us but if you are paying top wack then obvio...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samtom_10
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this venue as we live local, our son had been on his gap yr and been travelling for 9 months ! We had a buffet and a disco. The food was very good and the venue was lovely. Ana the lady I dealt with for the booking was very professional and informative. The only negative i would have to say is that we had a guest who is disabled and there was NO disabled access, which took me by surprise. We had to rely on our other guests to lift him up and down the stairs to arrive and leave.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Samgamble_13

Dear Sam,

Thank you very much for your review, we are so happy that you enjoyed the welcome home party. Thank you for your kind words about our Venue and the food provided. I am thrilled you were pleased with the service Ana provided. I am also very sorry our entrance is not wheelchair friendly; I completely understand this is an inconvenience, unfortunately because our entrance is onto a main road, we are unable to have a ramp due to health and safety regulations. There will always be members of staff available to assist guests and we are more than happy to help.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel was good, well run. Nice rooms, if a little small, but good boutique decor.
My only disappointment was the view from the back rooms, a building site. The hot bedroom with winter weight duvet in the spring/summer (but that's probably me). The shower that wanted to be a tap. The inedible "clear"-poached egg with breakfast, and the price, compared to other places I visit.
Would go again, as it isn't fair to judge a place on one visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review and all your comments. I am very sorry you did not like the view from your room; luckily the building is now complete so this will no longer be an issue. In regards to the duvet in your room we do provide soft blankets and sheets for those who prefer a lighter cover if you ever have any concerns our reception area is manned 24 hours a day and are team are always happy to help. I am also very sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast; I hope we have the opportunity to prove ourselves to you. In regards to our room rates, we are priced very competitively with the other hotels in our area. We hope you will return as would very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived to a warm welcome, had room 301 which was spotless , very well stocked with lots of toiletries, tea, coffee, hot choc. Wonderful sea view, the communal areas were very well kept too. Breakfast was also excellent selection of pastries, fruit , yoghurt, fruit juices, and cooked breakfast of fantastic quality ingredients made fresh to order. It is about 10 minutes walk into the main shopping area. Would recommend, and have already booked a return visit.*****

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. Room 301 is beautiful, I am thrilled you could take advantage of the sea views and that you were happy with the toiletries provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back in a sort while and hope we can make your stay even better.