“Fantastic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Marine View Guest House
Ranked #4 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
worthing
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 28 February 2010

I held my 50th party here with my family staying in the hotel and it is still being talked about!

Stephen and Christine looked after my family and guests including my 76 year old Mum, with charm, friendliness and nothing was too much trouble. Lovely friendly bar and the buffet arranged by Christine was great , even to the point of egg Mayo sandwiches which my brothers and I say no party is complete without.

My family reported that the rooms were spotless and comfortable and all enjoyed the breakfast overlooking the sea, they have threatened to come down more often

All in all a great party, great food and a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank judesuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Deirdre in Sussex
Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband arranged for a surprise 50th party here for me. Never been inside before and it was brilliant. Christine and Stephen the owners worked really hard to make sure everything run smoothly for us and our guests. The food was arranged by them as well and was plentiful and regularly replaced throughout the evening. The toilets were very clean (a must for me ). I had sixty guests and the room was perfect for that amount with a singer as well. The cost of the room was free and the food very reasonably priced, with drinks normal pub prices. What sold it for me was the propietors as they bent over backwards to make sure we had a very good night with a big smile as well. Thankyou so much.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Deirdre50
UK
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I was misled into staying here by the positive reviews. I found the place very average indeed. Normally I would not write anything, on the principle that if you can’t say something pleasant it’s better to remain silent, but would not like others to have the experience I had. At £25 a night it would maybe have been OK, but not at £40.

Pros: It is clean, and having the bar in the basement is a great advantage in bad weather. The owners are affable. It is on the sea-front.
Cons: Payment is requested up-front before you have even seen your room. My bathroom was very small and designed for the plumber’s convenience rather than the guest’s. Every move in the shower caused me to bump into the control, producing a Mr Bean scene of reactions to temperature and flow rising and falling. The mattress on my bed was the second-worst I have ever slept on – the worst was saggy and lumpy; this one was merely saggy and gave me a bad back. Traffic along the sea-front is pretty well continuous all night. After two sleepless nights I needed cheering up at breakfast, but whilst the food was edible the menu was deeply unimaginative.

If only the owners would stay at one or two places that do this sort of thing well and copy them, their offering would be so much better. As it is, my verdict is ‘well-meaning but thoroughly mediocre’.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank RetiredBrit
Worthing
Reviewed 7 November 2009

We decided to have our wedding breakfast and reception at the marine view, and it was a fantastic day and evening. Christine really excelled in everything she did, and the food was lovely. She put so much effort into making our day special, and I'd reccomend anyone with a fairly small wedding planned to think about having it here. We had 30 guests during the day, and about 60 in the evening. A lot of our guests stayed at the hotel that night, and everybody was really pleased with their rooms, and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank jenny310
High Wycombe
Reviewed 27 August 2009

The Marine View Hotel, with owners Stephen and Christine Oliver, is one of the best places to stay in Worthing. The bedrooms are clean and comfortable, all en-suite with tea & coffee making facities. Breakfast is at the front of the building, so you can eat your breakfast with a view of the sea. The Marine View Hotel also has a bar on the ground floor that serves a very nice pint and also has food available, cooked to order. The hotel is situated 5 mins from Worthing Town, 2 mins to the sea and 1 min to the promenade that stretches for 5 miles. Lovely

surrey
Reviewed 4 July 2009

after a long week, we decided to take the car to see some sea. after a near 2hour drive with a quick stop on the way, we ended up in Worthing. What a lovely place. We found this cozy hotel at the seafront, where they welcomed us warmly. Good service, nice food, clean rooms and very friendly & homely environment.
Made our stay perfect.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 17 May 2009

The Inn Keepers, Steven and Christine were very kind. Our room was dated but comfortable and the in-suite bathroom was clean, but small. The parking was on the street. The ground floor pub was comfortable and inviting with locals enjoying themselves. Breakfast was included but nothing special...definitely a place where they can improve. Overall our stay was a good value for the price.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple