“Nice hotel, shame about the staff”
Review of Windsor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Worthing
Windsor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
“Nice hotel, shame about the staff”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Don't do it! Manageress clearly dislikes people, very unfriendly and rude!

• Stayed July 2012
9 Thank Fidler74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

A midweek couple of nights by the sea (+ event at the Dome Cinema). Easy booking and friendly welcome. Apparently the hotel was full, so we had been upgraded to the 'bridal suite' (room no.3) though that was 47 years too late for us. This certainly had plenty of room and a comfortable four poster bed, but unfortunately the orange glow from the flood/security light at the front of the hotel shone through the curtains - a pity no blackout blinds or linings. Giant flat screen TV! Generous and 'glamorous' bathroom, though only towels for one person initially and the toiletries not replenished for the second night. Minor maintenance issues were dealt with promptly. Decor generally dated and heavy. Restaurant unattractive (being redesigned?) and evening food disappointing; breakfast better, and the friendly waitress took trouble to find a selection from the standard pre-pack marmalades - a pity nothing more interesting available. Overall, quite good, but not as good as other reviews had led us to expect.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the car park with its flood/security lights which may be intrusive. Ther...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NNW38
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We had a James bond/ Las Vegas 70 th birthday party taking over the hotel for our friends and relatives.From the moment we arrived everything went with a swing.The staff were friendly happy and helpful We were lucky the weather was fine so we able to have pre dinner drinks in the attractive garden if we wanted.The organisation of the dinner and entertainment ran like clockwork.We all gathered in the morning for breakfast which included hot croissants fresh fruit as well as full english unrestricted.It was so good to have waitress service instead of a buffet so we could sit and talk which we did till late but never got any negative looks from the staff as Im sure that they would have wanted to clear away.There are many types of rooms but all our friends said that they were clean and comfortable the young ones upstairs older down they all slept well and had nothing but praise for our choice of venue.We stay in many 4&5 star hotels and although they may have facilities like swimming pools I have not been in one yet to beat the service friendliness and efficiency of this little hotel Full Marks Well done keep it up.We shall return.

Room Tip: Try the Four Poster
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank philipplbc
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My partner and I stayed here on a Friday night having been recommended the venue by a client following a business meeting earlier in the day. Worthing is not blessed with easily identifiable hotels and this could be easily overlooked as another hotel catering for the seaside clientele. Don't be fooled. The hotel has made fantastic use of its facilities is very smartly decorated in the reception, bar and dining areas and yet still retains the character of its original Edwardian construction.
We stayed in room 10 facing the front and it was large and very well appointed with an en-suite. Beautiful decoration reminding us of a Versailles Room. It was very clean and equipped to the standard of a Four Star chain hotel, including reliable free Wifi.
We didn't use the restaurant in the evening but had breakfast the following day which was to an excellent standard. The cold selection was fresh and and a good selection. The full English was individually cooked. When it arrived it was enormous and had clearly used ingredients that were fresh and of a good quality. We didn't need to eat that day again until the early evening!

Great friendly service from every member of staff that we encountered.

Well done the Windsor Hotel, certainly look forward to returning again at some time in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike G
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I used this venue for a conference and seminar over a weekend. The staff were very accommodating and did so with a smile. It didn't matter what issues cropped up, they were very obliging which made organising much easier. The food was lovely and even catered to my wheat intolerance, gulten free, dairy free and vegan options were also given if needed making my party very happy. The disabled suite is beautiful and the lady who used the room said how helpful staff were with her. We will certainly be back next year to run the same seminar weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Birmingham
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've been to the Windsor 6 times now in the last 12 months, I have to visit Worthing on business fairly regularly and always stay at the Windsor. As the lay out is that of 2 houses mashed together with a central reception area the lay out is a little odd and all the rooms are different. I've been happy with ever room although it would depend on how picky you are, some rooms would not be out of place in a big chain hotel whilst others are a little bit more seaside B&B. The last room I had looked out over the kitchen roof with all the air-con units. This didn't bother me as I was there on business, it was usually dark when I got back and I wear ear-plugs at night anyway, but if you are sensitive to noise it might have been a problem.

But decor aside the staff are the ones that make the visit for me the ladies on reception, at the bar and in the restaurant are always pleasant and chatty, will always do anything they can to help even if you're being a bit picky over dinner, as I was beacuse I'm on a diet.

Now the food is lovely the restaurant has a limited menu but the dishes would not look out of place in a top class London establishment and despite there being numerous restaurants in and around Worthing I usually eat there at least 2 nights out of the 4. The breakfasts are cooked to order and as a business traveller used to the generic buffet style at most chain hotels this is an absolute delight. I've even considered popping back to the south coast for pleasure sometime and if I do I will be booking into the Worthing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonglecat
London, England
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was my second stay at the Windsor Hotel and it lived up to my previous visit in all areas.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
My room was clean, well equipped, with an abundance of storage space, and extremely comfortable.
The food is of a very high standard and plentiful.
Definitely my favourite Hotel when in this area.
I give it 5 Stars in all departments.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends