“Good for us”
Review of Windsor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Worthing
Windsor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Harrow
“Good for us”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at the Windsor for 2 nights while attending a wedding. The wedding reception was at the hotel. We booked a superior room and that now appears to have been a wise decision. Our room, which was on the ground floor was spacious, comfortable and well furnished. The weather was very hot but the air-conditioning in the room worked really well. Others attending the wedding had attic rooms which didn't sound so good. The garden at the back of the hotel was sheltered and a lovely place to sit with a drink. Breakfast was fairly good and given the size of the hotel, we couldn't have expected any more variety than was offered. As I nearly always find with a buffet style breakfast, eggs were either fried with a hard yoke or scrambled into a large lump. But the ingredients were good quality and (eggs apart) well cooked.
The wedding reception was in the Elizabeth suite with good size round tables. No need to knock elbows with those either side. The food was good, plentiful and well presented.
From our own visit, the only down-side was to do with the price and the bill. We were offered a discount as wedding guests. But when we booked for two nights, the discount was only offered for one night. This was only apparent after we had paid our non-refundable deposit and the confirmation email arrived. I complained about this and the application of the discount for both nights was agreed. But when I went to pay the bill, the discount had only been applied for one night. It was adjusted when I pointed it out. However for a seaside hotel in the height of summer offering the room and facilities that we got, the room rate was (with or without the discount) not unreasonable.

Room Tip: We booked a superior room and that was very comfortable, with easy access via a side-door. We only h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Lancing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Arranging a Celebration lunch for an elderly Aunt could not have been easier, with the help of the staff everything thing was planned to her wishes and worked perfectly on the day. Meeting for a pre meal drink in the comfortable bar before moving to the restaurant, where we all enjoyed a splendid lunch. Every request was dealt with by the efficient smiling staff, nothing was too much trouble, even having to relay the table just before lunch was served due to illness of one of the expected guests. With the lunch, toasts and cake cutting completed, we retired once again to the bar for coffee and cake. If the weather had been brighter we would have been able to sit out in the very plesant garden. Excellent food - Efficient friendly Service - Comfortable relaxed surroundings what more could you ask. The Perfect Birthday Lunch.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gwen D
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business around 5 times and enjoyed it everytime. The staff were very friendly and chatty especially the staff serving breakfast. The rooms where all very clean although one was very small but still not a spec of dust to be seen! The beds where lovely and comfy and the bathroom was clean and the water was a lovely temperature every time. There's plenty of tv channels too which is nice when your in in the evening. The room service was quick as the portion sizes where good. The food was good quality and the breakfast was amazing! The beach is just across the road so location is good. Overall would stay again and defiantly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Following my Daughter's Wedding, we were welcomed by the staff at the Windsor Hotel in Worthing. The staff were very well prepared, polite and very patient. Before we were to sit down and eat there were lots of preliminaries to get through (greeting the guests,photographs and the speeches etc). I was to give the opening speech. This was helped with the assistance of Bill who announced to the guests that I was about to speak. I was very nervous leading up to this event and Bill's introduction helped relax me and deliver an almost perfect speech.
It was probably an hour had passed from our arrival at the hotel, to the point when the excellent staff could serve the meal to the guests. Despite the uncertainty of the timing, the staff were able to serve meals to the 60 or so guests quickly and the food was of good quality. I did not hear a single complaint.
The evening continued until into the early hours and some of us were still partying at 1:30 before either going home or going to our rooms in the hotel. The staff remained patient and were always courteous.
Breakfast was served for the majority of the Wedding guests at 9:00am. Again, the quality was excellent. My only regret is that I did not go back for more!
Even after the guests had left the hotel, there were still various items we had to return for (furniture, cake and other wedding paraphernalia), but again the staff were very helpful. I am sure my Daughter and new Son-in-Law would agree that we were very impressed with the Windsor Hotel and would like to say a very big thank you to Bill and all the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Burgess Hill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have just completed Guide Dog training with my very first dog. The Staff were amazing, I really can't recommend this Hotel highly enough.
Very friendly, extremely helpful.
All my thanks to Bill and the Staff,

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Peacehaven
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have just finished training with my new Guide Dog poppy at the Windsor Hotel. Everybody was extremely helpful. Room excellent, food fabulous, wide choice especially for Vegetarians. Many many thanks to Bill and all his staff. Will visit again in the near future.

Room Tip: Ground floor was not noisy. Some rooms have a bath and a shower.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pam B
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was a pleasant hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Room 33 was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a separate shower and bath which I liked. The shower head might need to be cleaned so that the water comes out with more force.
The breakfast was very good but I would like to see it included in the price so that it makes the stay a little cheaper.

Room Tip: Room 33 was very good
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo