“Ladies Night”
Review of Windsor Hotel

Windsor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We held our Ladies Night here and I cannot praise the staff and venue highly enough.
The venue is lovely inside and the gardens are an added bonus, as the sun goes down they are lit with lots of gorgeous fairy lights.
Bill and his team are fabulous, nothing is too much trouble, and the evening was a huge success. I would also like to say that the Chef and his team were excellent, there were some special dietary requirements and they made sure that the food was as fabulous for them as it was for everybody else.
Truely a 5* hotel and a perfect venue for any event.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I found this hotel to be clean and the staff seemed friendly, but problems with the room that I was given (Room 30) let it down in my opinion. I checked in just before 9pm and my first impression of the room was that it was spacious and well-equipped but smelt a little musty. I was awoken the next morning by the sound of water dripping from a hairline crack in the ceiling on to the carpet. Then I started to have a shower and discovered that the bathroom ceiling was too low for me to stand up straight (I am 6 feet tall) in the bath. I reported the leak that morning and was assured upon my return later that day that it had been sorted. The next morning nothing leaked so I was happy enough, but the morning after that I was awoken at 6am by another leak. I reported the new leak when I checked out, but received nothing more that another apology, so I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors may be may be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Neil F
Reviewed 28 October 2013

A big thank you to Bill and the whole team at the Windsor Hotel for an excellent night on Saturday. 120 of us thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the hotel atmosphere - excellent!
And from my point of view (as event organiser) you and your team were a pleasure to work with, both in the build-up and on the night itself. Many thanks, Clare.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clare K
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We held our Ladies night here on Oct 13th and I cant thank Bill and his staff enough.
We had some specific requests for our themed night and all requests were met with a smile and professional execution.
We had 110 guests and each and every one received the correct meal, beautifully prepared , presented and hot, without any delay even though the staff were having to duck balloons and party poppers , laughing along with us as they worked.
We thoroughly recommend this venue for functions- you wont be disappointed
S & T Hoskins

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Like many Victorian dwellings, this property covers several levels and has steep stairs and no lift so the upper floors are not for the faint-hearted. Ask for the ground floor if you have lots of heavy luggage or aren't so nimble. We stayed in Room 14 in the attic which was very spacious with a king bed, sofa and giant TV. The bathroom was huge too with a deep bath and large shower. Travelling with a hire car, parking was a big issue for us throughout this trip and the Windsor had plenty of its own as well as street parking. No fridge which is always a surprise for us Aussies but tea and coffee making available. The tariff included an excellent cooked breakfast - cooked to order with the option for seaside "delicacies" like Kippers and Haddock. The hotel is a one minute walk to the water and a gentle 15 minute walk to the pier along the promenade. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: No 14 is very spacious but a steep climb to the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PollardHackett
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Went to a wedding at this Hotel and stayed the night. From start to finish it was very well organised, the Wedding Reception was very good, tables were lovely, food was first class and the Staff were so nice and friendly.

The room was a good size very clean and modern. No view to look at, frosted glass window as looked out onto a roof. Room had everything thing you might need, safe, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, plenty of hangers for clothes, complimentary toiletries and the bonus was Biscuits were supplied!!!

Bed was comfortable but the Pillows were not so good rather hard, should have got them changed but thought for one night not worth the hassle.

Breakfast was good plenty of it and again the Staff were friendly and helpful.

The Staff are a credit to this Hotel.

As wedding was an early finish we all walked down into Worthing Town (10-15 min walk) then went back to the Royal Oak they had a brilliant band on.

Seafront is 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cubanbreeze
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We've stayed at a lot of seaside hotels over the years, but our experience at the Windsor really did come as a very pleasant surprise. The room was superb, very spacious, spotlessly clean and well-appointed. And the rest of the hotel matched it with lovely, attentive staff and a very good dining experience. We were there for a particular function for a large number of guests and it could hardly have gone better. They clearly pulled out all the stops and made it an evening we will never forget. We think the Windsor is one of the south coast's best-kept secrets and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Close to the front with easy parking. What more could you want?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends