“This hotel is a gem”
Review of Windsor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Worthing
Windsor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“This hotel is a gem”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

If I could give more than 5 stars then I would. Having stayed at The Windsor Hotel on 3 occasions now, I can confidently plan for a return visit. It excels on all counts from friendliness of the staff (special mention for Bill the manager, who has great customer service skills and the patience of a saint).
The rooms are light, airy, squeaky clean, and important for me non-claustrophobic. The facilities are of a good standard - everything works. My visits have been in February, and importantly the rooms are warm throughout. The small, but beautifully mature garden is a relaxing space, which I would expect to be even more pleasurable in the other seasons of the year.
The location is fairly quiet, being just off the main road, it is two minutes walk from the prom, there is parking space to the front.
Now the food. I would find it difficult, if not nigh on impossible to fault the food. The choice at each meal offers something for everyone. Compliments to the chef, kitchen staff and serving staff, who are professional and look after their visitors impeccably. I enjoyed every morsel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lynn W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have just returned from my third stay at the Windsor and once again I am blown away not only by the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel, the quality of the food, and the service, but by every member of staff too. Nothing has ever been too much trouble and with their friendly, helpful, and personal touches, it really is like a home from home. The rooms are spotlessly clean, good shower pressures (it's a dealbreaker with me!), and it's free parking are other huge pluses. I have several friends and work colleagues who have stayed here by recommendation and they echo all of the above. Keep up the great work Bill, you're doing a fantastic job!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I book for large groups and have been here for the 3rd year running,and every time we have been here the organisation from the staff have been friendly from the off, and service has been second to none,What ever was asked of them day or night ,the staff would oblige to whatever was asked. The food was amazing and compliments to the chef and his team,they also served wheat,gluten and diary free, vegan and vegetarian nothing was to much and thank-you for being patient with us, a big thank-you to the domestic staff also for keeping it all so clean and comfortable and the reception staff for making our stay so welcoming and to Bill, I appreciate how you make it all run so smoothly even when we had a few problems to iron out . Already booked our annul event .

1 Thank Cherry O
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A small hotel which could teach a few of the larger ones a thing or two about customer service and satisfaction.
Fabulous staff led by a wonderful manager whose sole purpose is to ensure that you have a wonderful stay . Nothing is too much trouble and help for whatever is always readily at hand and on offer.
Enjoyed a fabulous 3 days here in a very bright comfortable and well furnished room. The food was second to none and far superior to some meals I have eaten in top restaurants. A very clever and creative chef who provides a first class dish and obviously enjoys a high standard of cuisine.
The staff are very smart professional and friendly at all times. Very proactive in their duties and pre-empting the needs of their clientele and always with a smile.
If you are looking for somewhere fairly central to Worthing and within easy reach of many Sussex destinations this is where to rest your head. Easy on site parking and only a stones throw from a lovely walk along the prom.

Thanks to all for a memorable and first class weekend

1 Thank LollyRogers
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed at the Windsor on several occasions over the past three years. Each time I have been working at seminars, which can be stressful at the best of times but I have to say Bill Hawkins and his staff work overtime to ensure that everything runs smoothly and to the satisfaction of their guests. The rooms are exceptionally clean with plenty of storage. The food is absolutely superb and, it seems, nothing is too much trouble for them. The hotel is also situated just a short walk to the beach and they have excellent rooms for the less mobile.
Well done and thank you everyone at the hotel. I look forward to my next stay and will definitely be recommending you to my friends!

London, England
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was my 3rd stay at this Hotel and I am never disappointed.
From the friendly welcome until my friendly departure there is nothing to fault.
My room (9) was very clean and well appointed, with bed, dressing table, wardrobe and drawers affording plenty of storage space. The bathroom was equally spotless and well equipped.
I was here to meet a group of 38 for an evening meal, in the carvery, which is very good value for money with attentive servers. Breakfast was all I could want.
Like I said, this is my "go to" Hotel whenever in this area. Full marks to all the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
nj usa
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed for two nights due to family funeral in July 2013 during the heat wave.
My room was very comfortable, clean, and had air conditioning.
The hotel was very well maintained,attactive,gardens lovely.
Staff were very friendly.Breakfast was good.
As a woman traveling alone on this trip I felt very much at home.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo