“Worth it in Worthing”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Windsor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Worthing
Windsor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Worth it in Worthing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I recently had a three night stay at The Windsor Hotel. It is a very comfortable hotel with adequate parking facilities and in a good location. All of the staff we encountered
were charming and did their jobs well and with a smile.
The hotel has a very good chef and though we only had dinner in the restaurant on one evening
we enjoyed the meal, the service and the presentation of the food. During weekdays the hotel
has mainly commercial guests which leaves the restaurant a little void of customers in the
evening as most prefer to go into town. At breakfast time they tend to leave early in the morning so again the restaurant is a little soulless as a result.
We stayed in a superior room which though very comfortable would have benefited from
a few more personal touches ie. more lamps, tissues, bottled water. We did discuss these
Issues with Bill, the Manager, who did take the comments on board. The air conditioning was a welcome bonus during the very hot spell and made the hotel rooms and public areas very comfortable.
The gardens were attractive and well maintained and a lovely place to enjoy a drink
from the bar before dinner or to have coffee there afterwards. The hotel has a nice feel to it
throughout and all areas are maintained to a high standard.

Room Tip: The superior rooms on the ground floor are tastefully furnished and a good size though the bathrooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We came down for the Worthing Birdman on the weekend of July 12th. The weather was divine, the town was busy and the hotel was lovely.

We were made to feel at home by the staff, who put is in The Annex - as they knew there was a wedding function on the Saturday night - therefore there would be less noise.

On the Sunday night, when the bar and kitchen was closed - Joyce behind reception (who was working alone) did everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable during the World Cup Final. She was serving drinks and generally being very hospitable.

Would definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

silva and I stayed here last Monday, a last minute thing, our usual sea spray was full so we opted for the Windsor.
we had to leave early the next morning and missed breakfast, but they left us juice and cereals in our room. I had a quick walk around in the morning and it really is a nice hotel.
The bar led out to their garden and it would be a nice place to chill out on a summers evening.
This is an up market hotel just a few yards from the beach, and you really do have it to yourselves, there were just a few people seated here and there.
It was a bit pricey, but you could check the tariffs as they may alter from time to time.
check this out!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The Windsor hotel is a truly lovely place, as soon as I came in I was welcomed and had our bags taken up. We stayed on the top floor and the room was fabulous. The bed was super comfy, it had air conditioning, the bathroom was gorgeous and a nicely spaced room. Went down to dinner on all nights I stayed and the waitress called Tanya is the friendliest waiter I have ever come across, the food was great and the price was exceptional. Also had a privilege in meeting the chef and was a joy to speak to.

A very friendly environment with a great location, superbly priced and a pleasure to stay!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jarvis96
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue Review

I have photographed and filmed weddings at the Windsor Hotel, Worthing. I photographed Wayne and Karen on their wedding day at the Windsor Hotel and Ellie and Adam asked me to film their marriage there. This Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue Review is based on my experiences as a professional wedding photographer and videographer. The review discusses the building, grounds, staff, food and photographic opportunities from a wedding photographers perspective.

Location

Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue ReviewThe hotel is in Windsor Road, Worthing, West Sussex. It is a 30 second walk to the seafront and 15 minutes stroll to the main shopping area. It is set off the main A259 road in a mainly residential street, between Lancing and Worthing.

Building and Grounds

The Windsor Hotel is not a large building and there are very pretty but not extensive gardens. It is comfortable and friendly. The exterior is currently painted white and as you walk into the foyer the hotel feels light airy and modern. The gardens look beautiful when lit up in the evening. There are some very pretty areas for wedding photography including a little secret courtyard garden and a two person bench under the trees.

Function Room

Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue ReviewThe main function room is large enough to accommodate 200 people comfortably. It is well lit and leads out into the gardens. For weddings the room can be divided to suit numbers. For larger weddings the whole room may be used for the ceremony and then converted for the meal and again for dancing. For more intimate affairs the naturally side of the room can be sectioned off leaving the other side ready for the wedding breakfast only needing to be altered for the evening reception. There is a small bar area just off the function room.

Staff Attitude and Appearance

The staff at the Windsor Hotel seem courteous and polite. They were happy to help, well presented and speedy. The Wedding Coordinator is particularly efficient and professional in the performance of his duties. He is certainly not lacking in a sense of humour, vital if you are to survive in life, let alone the hotel business!

Wedding Photograph Opportunities

Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue ReviewMy Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue Review has to include information on photographic opportunities for wedding photographers and for those getting married. On a sunny day photographs outdoors are lovely in the gardens. No great views, but pretty flowers, greenery a secluded courtyard garden too. In the evening the trees are lit up creating a very romantic setting for wedding photography. Indoors there are fewer opportunities for photographers, however, the foyer is bright and light and can be used should the weather not be conducive to photography outdoors.

Food Taste and Presentation

On my visits to the Windsor Hotel the food has been served swiftly and professionally. I have eaten both at the bar and at a buffet in the evening. Whilst it does not reach Michelin Start standards (nor does it claim to) the Windsor Hotel serves very acceptable food, well cooked and pleasantly presented.

Room Quality and Sleep Score

Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue ReviewThe rooms are clean and well lit with natural light. The room I saw was the bridal suite and had a four poster bed, although I imagine not all the 30 rooms feature this! I have not stayed overnight, so cannot comment on noise, temperature or cosiness of the beds!

Conclusion

That's it for my Windsor Hotel Wedding Venue Review. My overall impressions of the hotel as a wedding photographer, are very positive, particularly with regard to the service and I look forward to photographing and filming there again soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I stayed here I was extremely disappointed with the standard of my room, the attitude of the hotel staff and the overall experience. When I checked in I got told that my room was on the top floor and I had to haul my suitcase up 4 flights of stairs as there was no lift. The decor was very dated and I was left even more disappointed when I got to my room (32). I opened the door to find it was very basic - the room smelt very strongly like paint, my bathroom smelt like grout and my room was extremely standard. I've stayed in Ibis hotels (budget hotels) that have been of better standard than this, and at less than half of the price!

I would recommend staying somewhere else - there are many different hotels in Worthing that are definitely worth staying in more than this one! I recently stayed in The Chatsworth Hotel and found that this was of a better standard than the Windsor Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Tori S
Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here because I was working nearby. This is not a hotel that features in the major booking sites so I booked it directly. The room was comfortable, clean and tasteful. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. The location is quite peaceful. My only criticism was that the shower was a bit weedy.

I'm staying again this week, this time I have an elite room for an extra tenner.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business