“Well worth a stay”

Grand Victorian Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 4 March 2013

stayed here for a friends 40th birthday party, what a fantastic venue, brilliant room to use Morrocan style plenty of room to lounge and dance.We were a bit worried after reading the reviews nicely surprised. New owner doing lots of things our bedroom was lovely and spacious with a large raised corner bath. Unfortuneately we had to leave at 2 am because of a family death so we missed the breakfast.
Train station just across the road so perfect for getting to and from and ample parking on the roads, all in all lovely place, lovely staff .

Room Tip: room 17 has a lovely raised bathroom and huge tv
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tiff342
There are newer reviews for Grand Victorian Hotel

Reviewed 4 March 2013

This was the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in.We had to go out and buy bleech for the black dirty smelling toilet, also needed cleaner for the bath, and the bathroom sink,We could not have a cuppa because the smelly dirty kettle, which made me feel sick, and the taste of the tea was so bad the we could not drink it even if we had wanted to,the kettle socket was behind the wardrobe a little makeing pulling out the plug dangerous.As for the night time noise,, well what can I says ? the foul mouth loud talking people that we had to listen to was unreal, this went on until at least 2/3 am followed by a fight and then police cars. We felt that we could not go down for breakfast because if this was the state of the place the the public could see and were expected to stay in,what would their kitchens be like??that we could not see??? the second night was just as bad, music from the night club, shaking us out of our beds until the early hours of the morning. Hair all over the dirty stained carpets, and blood stained top bed cover,muck and dust ever where, all in all, save your money and go else where., Because this experience will take me along time to remove from my thoughts.Oh I nearly forgot to tell you the the beds had no matterss covers on and had great large springs sticking in you when you were ''trying to get some sleep'

Room Tip: none!!! stay some where else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank heather h
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Booked with an open mind after reading other reviews.
But was disappointed. room not very clean - hair from other occupants on bathroom floor, shower was only a dribble .
Night club next door was noisy and unfortunately other guests continued revelry when club closed keeping us awake all night.
Pub food good - meal deal - two for price of one and food excellent.
Sorry cant recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night. Old hotel could do with updating but on the whole had a comfortable sleep staff very friendly made you welcome, variety for breakfast ok for a night stop over good value thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

From reading the reviews I wasn't quite sure how my 2 nights stay would be and what to expect, I arrived with a positive attitude however I soon became very disappointed. The room I stayed in wasn't very clean at all, the shower was a dribble, and the bathroom wasn't very clean either. Both nights I slept little but the second night i pretty much was up all night. It isn't the noise from the club that I could hear, it was the constant shouting from the train station directly opposite and on the second night there must have been a party on our floor all night, people shouting and laughing, knocking on doors constantly and walking up the corridor slamming doors all night from 1.30am until 8.00am when they finally all went for breakfast. By 3am I had turned my light on and just read a book as it was obvious i was going to get no sleep at all.
If you are going to stay here, be aware that you probably wont get a good nights sleep due to the clientele this pub advertises towards, stag and hen dos and people who want a night out. As I wasn't either, in hindsight I should have paid a little more for a quieter/ comfortable hotel.
Breakfast wasn't amazing, the evening meal however was very good and very good value for money.

I would not recommend this hotel to a friend nor would I ever stay here again, mainly due to do the lack of sleep I endured. I would perhaps, if i was in the area, go and have a meal there as the food really was impressive.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank missmadden119
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My husband and I stayed there last night, as we had a party in Worthing. To be honest after reading other reviews we were not sure what we would find. However new management have taken over the hotel the rooms were nice and tidy. Good tea and coffee facilities Staff were very helpful, we had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was enjoyable cereal, toast, full English. We will be recommending this hotel to friends. The building itself is lovely with some old features. Good value for money thanks again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

2nd time I have stopped here and I really don't understand some of the reviews. The rooms are tidy and clean. The prices are reasonable. The staff have been attentive and friendly and with a new manager and chef there have been very good improvements. Yes there can be noise from the club but depending where your room is you can either here slight noise or nothing. Good hotel with good staff. Just needs a bit of updating not much more.

• Stayed: February 2013