“Excellent food”

Lavenda Restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lavenda is independent, family managed small restaurant, serving homemade food, cooked with passion. We specialise in Polish cuisine and we are the only Eastern European restaurant in Worthing and surrounding areas. Have been chosen a Best Eatery in Worthing (Splash Awards 2015)
Sompting, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My partner & I ate at this restaurant for the first time today, 26th July 2014 and the food and service were excellent. We both had venison goulash, which we will certainly choose again. The restaurant certainly deserves to do well. We will be back. The price is great value for home-made food. Better value than other restaurants in the area.

1 Thank Barry M

• Polish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
“What a great experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lunched here yesterday with a friend as a result of the recommendations on Trip Advisor, and how glad we were. I chose potato pancakes with mushroom sauce followed by venison goulash, and my friend had a mackerel salad and then the beef goulash - all delicious, served nice and hot, and all reasonably priced. I also managed the apple "crumble", which was more of a Polish style apple charlotte and equally delicious.

The surroundings are spotless and charming, the service impeccable, and the wine list sensibly limited. I suspect I shall become a regular !

2 Thank AngelaFrance
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have eaten in the Lavanda serveral times, and did so again today. The service is consistently very good, and the quality of the meals matches the service. Today, I had a jacket potato which came with a complimentary cup of tea, but on the next occasion I intend to try one of the Polish dishes on offer. I eat in many places in Worthing and this place is now my favourite. Attention to detail does matter, and the owners of this restaurant never forget it. Try it! You wille be pleased that you did so.

1 Thank Benn_Tony
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Small but perfect.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Love this restaurant for the friendly but professional service. Eaten here three times and each time the chef has come out of the kitchen to talk to his customers. He takes great pride in his cooking which shows in the quality of food. Excellent value lunchtime menu.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Linda B
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Exceeded expectations...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just back from a lovely meal at Lavenda. Picked due to it's #1 rating on Trip Advisor, if I'm honest I had no idea what to expect from a Polish Restaurant. Decor simple but lovely, (could do with air con on hot nights like this), attentive and very customer aware front of house chap. We wanted dumplings for starters which featured on the main menu....not a problem, we wanted a shot of vodka with our meal, no problem...in fact the only thing we didn't want was desert! I had a beef stew dish served in a potato pancake...yum and massive....my husband had venison goulash...delicious with a real depth of flavour..all cooked fresh so beware it may take a bit longer than you think but worth the wait and we will be back.

Visited July 2014