“EXCELLENT B AN B GUEST HOUSE / FRIENDLY ++++++++++++++”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Benson's Guest House
Ranked #13 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
lancing
“EXCELLENT B AN B GUEST HOUSE / FRIENDLY ++++++++++++++”
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Me an my Husband stayed in the Amber room at the Benson's Guest House for our 20th Wed Ann Wendy an Chrissy were both warm, friendly, polite, an catered for all our needs.
The room was spaceous, clean, tidy, quite, an would recommend to any of friends/ family wanting somewhere to stay locally.
Even parking wasn't a problem as we were offered FREE PARKING PERMETS if we needed them. So everything was covered
THANKS FOR A GREAT FANTASTIC 2 DAYS
REALLY MADE OUR WEEKEND

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, England
Reviewed 30 January 2010

This is one of the best B&Bs I've ever stayed in. From the friendly conversation I had with Chrissy on the phone when I booked through to my departure, Bensons was one enjoyable experience. When I arrived (having been upgraded to the 4-poster bed room) the room was warm, cosy, inviting and spotlessly clean. I loved the little touches such as the fruit bowl, fridge with a 'help yourself no charge' note on it and of course the indulgence of coming back after my evening out to the lovely choccies left on the pillow and the flat screen multi channel TV. Feet up, glass of wine I was in my element. Shame I was alone! And the house is full of beautiful antiques which give it a character of its own. Then there was the scrumlicious breakfast with an eclectic range and choice. I had fruit salad followed by scrambled eggs (cooked just how I like them because they asked) and smoked salmon. Lovely. I've stayed in 5-star hotels that are not as good as this.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Dorset UK
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Stayed at Bensons whilst working in the area. I arrived before other guests and so I was given the choice of their 3 fabulous rooms! I choose the beautiful four poster with full bathroom. I loved the little extras that are provided by the owners, a little bottle of wine in the fridge, water and fruit, at no extra cost. Breakfast was served in the airy dining room over looking the seafront. A variety of choice to suit everyone. Warm and welcoming clean and cosy, no wonder it has been rated 5* , Thank you for your hospitality. I am looking for an excuse to return. NT

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Wakefield, UK
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We have just returned from our second visit this year to Benson’s and once again we were very impressed by both the standard of the accommodation and the welcome from the owners.

Benson’s has three rooms, all of which are spotlessly clean and well appointed. Each room is en-suite, includes flat screen TV’s and tea and coffee, biscuits etc. The breakfast is wonderful and of a really high quality and well cooked. We really find it difficult to understand why anyone would complain about breakfast or about anything else at Benson’s. If there has been something not to your taste if you let them know they will go out of their way to accommodate you.

Now the best bit – the owners Wendy & Chrissy. They really make you feel so welcome and at home and nothing is too much trouble for either them. We asked them if it would be possible for our brother and his wife to join us for breakfast and despite being full, they stayed behind after breakfast had finished to accomadate them and cooked us all a really lovely breakfast.

We will definitely stay at Benson’s again and are planning another visit before Christmas. We have stayed at other places, hotels included in Worthing but this is in our opinion is “THE BEST”.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I was a bit concerned after reading the last review about the early breakfast. I am not one to rise early on any day of the week especially Sunday! However I took the chance and gave Bensons a call. I spoke to Mrs. Gray the owner and she said I may take breakfast at 10am with pleasure.
I must say I found breakfast to be a most pleasant experience. The breakfast room is beautiful and overlooks the palm trees on the seafront.
I did not take the cooked breakfast, but opted instead for homemade porridge (delicious) fresh orange juice and wholemeal toast and marmite. I even had a solid silver top to my marmite jar! You can help yourself to toast, cereals and juice. The cooked breakfast on the next table looked good.
The bedroom and white bedlinen were spotless. I was travelling alone and took the Seafront
room. I had tea and coffeee making and a little fridge with mineral water (if you stay a week you have wine and soft drinks)
The towels were spotless, and the fluffy white monogrammed dressing gown meant I didnt have to take up suitcase room packing my own.
I stayed for 4 nights and as a business woman travelling alone it was lovely
to come back each evening to a warm welcome and a lovely bedroom. Mrs Gray even baked me a cake one afternoon.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank LadyLibertyLondon
London
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Expensive at £80 per night but reviews were so great that felt it was probably worth spending the extra. First disappointment was the fact we had to vacate our room at 10am which on a Sunday is pretty early however even worse was the fact that we had to have breakfast between 8am and 9am - not exactly making for a relaxed weekend lie in!

Having made the effort of getting up early on Sunday morning for breakfast what a let down breakfast was. Flabby bacon which certainly had not been grilled or fried, tastless watery tomatoes and mushrooms and watery coffee. I don't usually complain but feel strongly that it is important to maintain standards and breakfast is the one meal which is usually cooked well.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank justvalue
Xativa
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This is a luxury B&B, the rooms are out of this world, so Clean, the decor is wonderful, the beds well you just sink in to them, the best night,s sleep I think I've ever had away from home. The service was top class & very friendly. With a mini fridge in room which wont cost you if you use the items in it, all the little extras that you would not expect from a B&B.
Bensons is more on the level of a Small 5* hotel. Luxury with out the cost.
Would recommend Bensons to anyone who wishes the best luxury rooms in the area at a price you can afford. Will be back in Sept with husband this time. Thanks to Wendy & Chris for the best stay in the world.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo