“Foods good..service....?”

Mahaan
Ranked #55 of 359 Restaurants in Worthing
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Foods good..service....?”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Went here with a party of people, greeted by Hurry up Hurry up, we were 15 minutes early for our reservation.
Slow to be offered drinks.
Starters were fair and quick to arrive
Mains were much slower to arrive but were very good.
The layout and the obvious need to pack in as many people as possible meant that everyone was constantly battered by trollies and waiters as they tried to get past.
Never managed to attract a waiter to get another round so had to keep going to the very small bar.
So in summary food was very good, ambiance and service a bit hit and miss

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SableMable

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Not to bad , not to bad at all”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Been to the mahaan many times and thought it was time to give my 2cents , I'm surprised to see some poor reviews of this place, I like to think of myself as a bit of a foodie and as far as curry houses this ones good , friendly enough staff , and generally good food , I'm not gonna give an in depth critique as this isint Michelin star stuff , but if like me you like a good ol ruby this place will certainly oblige , एपीटिट बॉन
Ēpīṭiṭa bŏna

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rudirudi100
Sompting, United Kingdom
“did brilliantly under pressure”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We turned up at 6pm on New Years Eve, to order takeaway. The reception was heaving with people waiting to be seated in the restaurant, and others collecting takeaway. and the phone hardly stopped ringing. We sat there for the half hour it took them to prepare our order, enjoying a cold Cobra, and watching the staff deal efficiently and cheerfully with everyone. We could hardly believe how busy the place was,and... credit where it is due.........we feel the staff were doing fantastically well under that level of pressure. Of course, the cherry on the top when we got home, was a delicious vindaloo and jalfrezi!!! Compliments to the chef. We will be back.

Visited December 2013
Lancing, United Kingdom
“New Year disappointment”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I dont normally review, but feel compelled after a disappointing new year experience. My wife and I have eaten here a number of times and have always been reasonably satified with the food and the service. All started well, my wife and I arrived on time for our 7.30 table and was immediately shown to our table. We we're offered drinks and popadoms which arrived quickly, and five minutes later our main meal order was taken, from then on it was down hill. Our main meal finally arrived at the table at 9.00pm, when it did arrive the side dishes were luke warm bordering on cold. Considering the length of wait for our main meal we didn't feel confident had we returned the cold dishes that we we're likely to get replacements quickly. A number of customers already sitting near complained about the lenghty waiting for food and and the service from the waiters was average at best. It appeared that the Takeaway was the priority and not the diners. The management in my opinion didn't manage and the chefs sadly we're overwhelmed with orders. My rating have been reduced due to the experience. Time for us to find somewhere else where our custom is going to be valued

• Visited December 2013
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Clearly don't want your business”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I ate here on Christmas Day The food was very good in the main, however , the service was absolutely appalling . We had to wait for our table even though we had booked, 5 of us were squashed on a table for 4. There were no pleasantries, please, thank you etc and we had to ask for our table to be cleared between courses. The staff were generally unpleasant and inhospitable. I have never been treated so poorly. Oh and they overcharged us. Truly forgettable, spend your money somewhere where your patronage is valued.

• Visited December 2013