“scrumtious”

Mahaan
Ranked #56 of 371 Restaurants in Worthing
Price range: US$21 - US$42
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We always use the Mahaan as it came recommended when we moved to the area, the food is lovely and so are the staff, we always get our take-aways from them too.

1  Thank roz a

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Went here with a party of people, greeted by Hurry up Hurry up, we were 15 minutes early for our reservation.
Slow to be offered drinks.
Starters were fair and quick to arrive
Mains were much slower to arrive but were very good.
The layout and the obvious need to pack in as many people as possible meant that everyone was constantly battered by trollies and waiters as they tried to get past.
Never managed to attract a waiter to get another round so had to keep going to the very small bar.
So in summary food was very good, ambiance and service a bit hit and miss

1  Thank SableMable
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Been to the mahaan many times and thought it was time to give my 2cents , I'm surprised to see some poor reviews of this place, I like to think of myself as a bit of a foodie and as far as curry houses this ones good , friendly enough staff , and generally good food , I'm not gonna give an in depth critique as this isint Michelin star stuff , but if like me you like a good ol ruby this place will certainly oblige , एपीटिट बॉन
Ēpīṭiṭa bŏna

1  Thank Rudirudi100
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We turned up at 6pm on New Years Eve, to order takeaway. The reception was heaving with people waiting to be seated in the restaurant, and others collecting takeaway. and the phone hardly stopped ringing. We sat there for the half hour it took them to prepare our order, enjoying a cold Cobra, and watching the staff deal efficiently and cheerfully with everyone. We could hardly believe how busy the place was,and... credit where it is due.........we feel the staff were doing fantastically well under that level of pressure. Of course, the cherry on the top when we got home, was a delicious vindaloo and jalfrezi!!! Compliments to the chef. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I dont normally review, but feel compelled after a disappointing new year experience. My wife and I have eaten here a number of times and have always been reasonably satified with the food and the service. All started well, my wife and I arrived on time for our 7.30 table and was immediately shown to our table. We we're offered drinks and popadoms which arrived quickly, and five minutes later our main meal order was taken, from then on it was down hill. Our main meal finally arrived at the table at 9.00pm, when it did arrive the side dishes were luke warm bordering on cold. Considering the length of wait for our main meal we didn't feel confident had we returned the cold dishes that we we're likely to get replacements quickly. A number of customers already sitting near complained about the lenghty waiting for food and and the service from the waiters was average at best. It appeared that the Takeaway was the priority and not the diners. The management in my opinion didn't manage and the chefs sadly we're overwhelmed with orders. My rating have been reduced due to the experience. Time for us to find somewhere else where our custom is going to be valued