“Excellent proper Italian”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Proper Italian restaurant just off Worthing sea-front. Forget bland pasta and pizza this is just great food. However, it can get very busy so if you want to go in the evening it is worth booking in advance.

There are newer reviews for Casa Ciro

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We visited for the second time and were not disappointed. We had the 3 - 6.30 menu for £9.99. It was amazing. The food quality and quantity was great. Very attentive staff. Cannot fault them. I had salmon for the main. There was lots of it and it was served with a portion on vegetables on the side. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have been to Casa Ciro a few times when we have been in Worthing. We visited the restaurant today for lunch, first impressions are the place is looking on the tired side, it feels very much like an old peoples home. I suggest anyone under 80 would stick out like a sore thumb, as did we!
We were seated quickly and ordered drinks with no problems. I ordered the "fritto misto" and my partner had garlic mushrooms. The starters came very quickly. The mushrooms my partner had were clearly tinned chucked in a generic cream sauce and then blasted in a microwave. My fritto misto was ok, the fish tasted fresh, but why would you breadcrumb a kingprawn with the shell on? Really hurt my tooth biting into it!!!
The rest of the fried fish, after two minutes became stuck to my paper doily which was awful!! The main courses came and my chicken dish was also swimming in the generic cream sauce and looked like a ready meal!! My partners Spaghetti carbonara looked awful, with a skin on top from being under a heat lamp.
She ate half of her dish, I did finish my main course off but didn`t mange the "Aunt Bessie's" potato's and limp veg.
We were also charged £8 for two glasses of coke!!! The place has gone very much downhill, and with a price tag of £50 we won`t ever be returning.

3  Thank Arundelreview
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Have been here several times and love the food although it is quite expensive it never disappoints.
The staff are polite and attentive and the service is always good.
The atmosphere is better in the evening for dinner but I enjoyed drinks in the sun on the terrace at lunchtime too.

1  Thank Chatters71
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We went for my Husbands birthday last night and once again had such an amazing time. We don't go out often due to having 2 young kids so when we go out we like to know we are going somewhere nice.
Service was prompt and friendly, food was extremely tasty. We went for the deep fried mozzarella then I had penne bolognase with gluten free pasta as I don't eat normal pasta. It was delicious and I wish I was back there now!
The restaurant was busy but the staff were still very attentive - Can't wait to go back.