“Excellent , again.”

and 1 more site!
The Ardington Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Another excellent weekend with our Bridge group U3A. Service/food very good. Friendly staff and organisation top rate. Public rooms very nice and our first floor bedroom very spacious.

Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 February 2012

A good value hotel with excellent service and outstanding food. There are lots of single rooms as well as doubles so is suitable for anybody. Be aware that there's no lift but bags are taken up if required and ground floor accommodation is also available. The hotel is well located for the sea front as well as local shops. We stayed with a bridge group who were relatively demanding as to likes/dislikes/. The utmost attention was given and complied with without batting an eyelid. Top marks for service (and patience!).

Room Tip: Room 50 is a nice double room overlooking the square with a bath, rather than shower. There are als...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beryl M
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We lived in Worthing for 6 years, and return frequently, often staying down for a night or two at a time. The Ardington is, in my opinion, the best place we've stayed. It's ideally located in central Worthing, yet doesn't suffer unduly from noise. Spread across only two floors, many of the rooms have side-on seaviews.

The hotel restaurant, Indigo, gets rave reviews but we've yet to eat there - instead, we prefer the excellent Royal Jaipur curry house just around the corner (one of several highly regarded Indian restaurants at this end of town) or the fine ales on offer at The Selden Arms (a 10 minute walk inland). Breakfast is very good, with buffet and cooked options.

The Ardington is a real family run hotel, but given the high standards it doesn't feel like a B&B but more like a "proper" hotel with a good standard of fittings and finishes.

Not the cheapest in Worthing, but you get what you pay for, and what you get here is a very comfortable stay with a very friendly welcome.

Room Tip: Around half the rooms have a seaview, although these may be more expensive when booking (depends on...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I am amzed at the other reviews, I must of had a bad night. I went just before xmas and had a terrible evening. Food was Ok but the worst service I have ever had. There was an old man trying to run the whole restaurant (badly). We waited 1/2 hour to be asked our drinks order, over an hour for food. Coffee was included in the set menu, we never got there. Awful place, would never return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Allan311
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is my first ever review of any hotel, I have stopped in many not only all over the UK but in the States, Mexico, Turkey, Spain and Portugal.
On arrival which was quite early I was told the room they reserved for me wasn't quite ready but another room could be made available which was of the same standard but with a different view.
The receptionist was pleasant and professional at all times.
I had a problem with my car and they pointed me in the direction of a local garage that were also extremely pleasant and professional.
The superior room was very clean (spotless) very well furnished with modern furniture and comfy bed and large wall mounted TV and a quality carpet. A good supply of tea and coffee, bottled water and a kit kat in the fridge. The bathroom was very clean with a bath and a shower, very modern with a supply of toiletries. I cant find a single fault with the room or the service, this is unusual as most hotels do have a couple of little issues and i usually find them!!!
I didn't have evening meal at the hotel but the menu looked very good indeed with lots of choice.
Needless to say the well cooked breakfast was of a quality usually not found in a small independent hotel or a chain hotel for that matter.
Overall I would offer this hotel 9.5 out of 10, I am struggling however to justify why its not a 10 so much so that it is 10 out of 10. well done to all and keep up the good work.
I would return in a flash to this hotel

Room Tip: room 28 was first class
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The Indigo Bar & Restaurant could not have done more to make my sister-in-law's birthday a day to remember. I am allergic to dairy products and was amazed when the waiter was able to tell me exactly what I could choose from the menu without having to check with the kitchen first, this has never happened anywhere before. They were happy for me to take a home-made birthday cake with me, and at exactly the right moment the waiters appeared with the candles lit and singing "happy birthday", it was wonderful!

All of the staff were incredibly friendly and very helpful. The food was beautiful and it was very nice to have a choice of dishes available to an awkward dairy-free diner. The childrens' menu was great and adults and children alike had a fantastic time. I cannot commend the Indigo Bar & Restaurant enough, and will be making another booking ASAP. Many thanks.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ChuttersBognorRegis
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I recently spent three nights at this hotel for a business trip abroad. The hotel provides the basics with excellent service and remarkable attention to detail. While the rooms are dated and could use some refreshing, the Ardington delivers true value to the business traveller. Excellent location to the center of Worthing, the hotel does the little things to make their guests feel welcome. Kudos to their restaurant which provided remarkably good food. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business