“A wonderful evening!”

The Ardington Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We needed a venue to hold a dinner for 12 people that could also accommodate for 6 of these people to stay over. The Ardington proved to be a first class choice for both! Our dinner was held in a private room - the food and attentive service were first class. The overnight accommodation was clean & comfortable.

I would thoroughly recommend the Ardington as a very suitable venue for businesses to hold similar functions to ours.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I first stayed at The Ardington in January 2011. I have been returning for business trips on an almost monthly basis. The Ardington has become my home away from home. Spending one week out of every month in another country can be daunting. The staff is what makes this lovely little boutique hotel. I live out of a suitcase and frequent hotels in the US and abroad. None have the personal touch that The Ardington does. I echo all of the other posts of praise for this hotel, from the service to the cleanliness to the picturesque location. The premium rooms are finely decorated, have comfy beds, and nice flat screen TVs. As a business traveler, I often rely on room service. The Indigo restaurant is outstanding! I have dined at nearby restaurants, many of which are also spectacular. But I return to the Indigo, even when not opting for room service, for the purely delicious and ever changing menu, as well as the delightful and accommodating staff. Another appealing feature for the business traveler is the inclusion of a small refrigerator in the room and two grocery stores within walking distance. Keeping with the business traveler in mind, the hotel is located just off of the English Channel. There is a promenade that is ideal for joggers or anyone wanting to enjoy a charming stroll. There is also a fitness facility within walking distance. Taxis are easily called for and are the quickest I’ve ever experienced. They are reliable and reasonable. I can clearly see that The Ardington would be ideal for a business travel looking to escape the typical corporate travel experience, while at the same time serve as delightful seaside vacation/holiday getaway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This hotel is situated on a Regency Square within 2 minutes of the beach and only a 10 minute walk into town. There is parking around the square and a permit to park can be obtained from reception ( I think it cost about £6.50 for a day and a half.)
One of the best assets of this hotel (apart from having very good, friendly staff) is the lounge area which has a warm and comfortable feel with lots of groupings of squashy sofas around individual tables.
I was part of a group booking and was allocated a single room. I was very disappointed with the room as it was small, tiny shower, small single bed and dated in decor. It was immaculately clean.
When I went to reception and asked for a better room my request was dealt with very courteously and professionally, but I was told that none of the single rooms had yet been refurbished. I opted to pay for a premium upgrade and was very happy with this room - and my luggage was moved across.
Lunch and dinner were excellent and I would come to this restaurant, even if I was not staying here.
I had a peek at the standard double bedrooms and they were quite spacious.

Overall, very happy and would commend the staff.

Room Tip: It is worth paying the upgrade for a premium room and arrive in good time if you want to park outsi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank culturevulturelady
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Another excellent weekend with our Bridge group U3A. Service/food very good. Friendly staff and organisation top rate. Public rooms very nice and our first floor bedroom very spacious.

Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

A good value hotel with excellent service and outstanding food. There are lots of single rooms as well as doubles so is suitable for anybody. Be aware that there's no lift but bags are taken up if required and ground floor accommodation is also available. The hotel is well located for the sea front as well as local shops. We stayed with a bridge group who were relatively demanding as to likes/dislikes/. The utmost attention was given and complied with without batting an eyelid. Top marks for service (and patience!).

Room Tip: Room 50 is a nice double room overlooking the square with a bath, rather than shower. There are als...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beryl M
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We lived in Worthing for 6 years, and return frequently, often staying down for a night or two at a time. The Ardington is, in my opinion, the best place we've stayed. It's ideally located in central Worthing, yet doesn't suffer unduly from noise. Spread across only two floors, many of the rooms have side-on seaviews.

The hotel restaurant, Indigo, gets rave reviews but we've yet to eat there - instead, we prefer the excellent Royal Jaipur curry house just around the corner (one of several highly regarded Indian restaurants at this end of town) or the fine ales on offer at The Selden Arms (a 10 minute walk inland). Breakfast is very good, with buffet and cooked options.

The Ardington is a real family run hotel, but given the high standards it doesn't feel like a B&B but more like a "proper" hotel with a good standard of fittings and finishes.

Not the cheapest in Worthing, but you get what you pay for, and what you get here is a very comfortable stay with a very friendly welcome.

Room Tip: Around half the rooms have a seaview, although these may be more expensive when booking (depends on...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I am amzed at the other reviews, I must of had a bad night. I went just before xmas and had a terrible evening. Food was Ok but the worst service I have ever had. There was an old man trying to run the whole restaurant (badly). We waited 1/2 hour to be asked our drinks order, over an hour for food. Coffee was included in the set menu, we never got there. Awful place, would never return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends