“Very good location”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Montreal, Canada
“Very good location”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We were both very pleased with this hotel and would stay there again. We would ask for larger single rooms although, apart from size and a bath, nothing was wanting. The food, service and location were very good. Visitors should not miss the view from the end of the Pier. Elizabeth Dinsmore

Room Tip: If it is a single look at it first.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Scotland
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed here for work 4 nights and by the end of the time was glad to go.
I knew the room was a single as booked at the last minute but there is single and single.
I ended up having to go out most of the time as it was so claustrophbic and at night sleeping was uncomfortable as it just got too hot.
No bath, only a very small shower area which would cause great problems if you were a larger, taller guest.
Furniture old and dated as was the carpet. Sheets/blankets on the bed - no duvet.
It reminded me a bit of Fawlty Towers as a lot of the guests are older and I got the impression they lived there and thought they had the run of the place and a license to make as much noise as they liked.
Can't fault staff or food - all excellent.
No the ideal place to stay if you're working the next day - was glad to leave for the rest!!

Room Tip: Do not book a single room here even as a last resort!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MacAlfie
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This small little jewel of a hotel is run by brothers whose family has run it for at least two generations--and it shows. The brothers understand the small details that keep guests coming back again and again--and they pay attention to those details: from good lighting, to fluffy king-size bath towels to comfortable beds and bedding to the little extra touches such as a DVD library, replete with DVD players. I travel quite frequently, stay in hotels everywhere, and could have written the Princess and the Pea. I rarely find a hotel that so exceeds my expectations--and to find one modestly priced and in a beautiful area makes it a real find.

The staff is friendly, efficient and very accommodating. They appear to be happy to be working at the Ardington, and all I met appeared to want me to like it here, too. You know a hotel is well-run when even the staff appears to enjoy being there--and this was true of everyone I met from the desk, to waiters and busboys and chambermaids as well.

The owners do an incredible job anticipating and providing for the needs/enjoyment of their guests. They seem always to be on hand, and they handle whatever they do with efficiency and graciousness.

My room was comfortable and extremely clean. I stayed in it one whole day to work, and felt it a pleasant place to be. There's no lift, but someone seems always to be available to carry your bag should you need that help.
The food in the Indigo Restaurant was delicious and well-priced.

My only hesitation in writing this review is a selfish one: I don't want the hotel to become so popular that there won't be a room for me on future trips.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
London, England
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I'm working in Worthing for 12 weeks and won't be staying here again.

The decor is nothing like the photos. The carpet outside my room was propped up on a bucket to catch the incoming rainwater (so it smelled damp for most of my stay). The television was on top of the wardrobe and as such, it was impossible to watch for more than 5 minutes without getting a crick in my neck.

I located another smell in the room to somebody's shoes that had been left under the bed (so obviously not cleaned properly).

I left my key in my room and was given the master key to retrieve it - good job I'm not a thief or worse!

The extractor fans in the bathrooms are so noisy that i could hear the folk both opposite me and next to me using theirs at all hours. There was a fire escape outside my window so I couldn't leave it open to air the room whilst I was out during the day, even though housekeeping unlocked it and left it unlocked all day.

The radiator also came on, gurgling and clanking away at some strange hours.

Staff were very friendly, breakfast was reasonable, location is good, public areas were nice and there are biscuits in the room, but I got all that when I had to stay in the Travelodge last week.

I don't moan about Travelodge because you get what you pay for, but as the Ardington charged me double the cost of the Travelodge, I expected the room to be at least of a decent standard, but it wasn't an experience I care to repeat.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 55!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Stevie_Ramone
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

very nice friendly hotel. the room was a bit small but was booked at last moment and they only had two rooms left. breakfast was superb and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. very clean room and bathroom. will stay again

Room Tip: dont pick room 45 as it is small, but very clean and the bed comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackie906
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have stayed at and seen multiple hotels in Worthing and while all have been good experiences, The Ardington Hotel is hands down my favorite in Worthing. It mixes the charm and individual service of a bed and breakfast with the class of an actual hotel. The location is great and within easy walking distance to shops, grocery stores, other restaurants, and the promenade. They have various room sizes and I have stayed in everything from a single to a Premium Double and have been happy with all of them--if you are picky on size, let reservations know so they can try to accomodate your needs. As with most places in Worthing, they do not have air conditioning in the rooms, but provide fans--there were a couple times when all the fans by the time I requested one during a hot spell, but I just learned to request it earlier. Bottom line is, the owners and staff really want you to enjoy your stay and will do what's in their power to make it lovely.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Once again the lobster season has started and is on the menu. The other day we were notified that the Indigo was offering fresh lobster. For less than £15 I had half a lobster and a couple of large prawns. Same price as last year and just as tasty. We will return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple