“Simply awful!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Truro, United Kingdom
“Simply awful!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Room was dirty. No mattress protector, sheets didn't fit bed. Mattress was torn on the bottom corner and looked really dirty.

Whole hotel very run down - one of the worst I've ever stayed in. After a 7 hour drive I was looking forward to a relaxing evening, but it was not to be. I slept in my clothes because the bed didn't seem clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank JRickard21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were at this hotel for a bridge weekend with a group. It was wonderful. We had full board and the food was very very good. Our room was in a good position at the front of the hotel. The location of the hotl is excellent. A short walk to the sea front and a short walk to all the shops.

Room Tip: We have stayed here several times and the rooms have always been fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We hired a private room at the Ardington to celebrate my father's 70th birthday and I can't recommend it highly enough. Simon, the Manager ,was a pleasure to work with in organising the event. He took time to really understand what my family wanted from the evening and as a result make good judgements and recommendations for the party. All staff were friendly and highly courteous and the areas we used (lounge and Eden Room) were nicely decorated and furnished. Thanks to everyone who made our party a great one.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I felt the need to write and express my thanks and gratitude to the owners and staff of the Ardington Hotel. I have been staying at the hotel on a weekly basis on business for the last year and a half. All at the hotel have been incredibly helpful in all respects. They are genuinely concerned that they look after you as well as they can. The rooms are being re-furbished and are great, the bar and lounge are very relaxing with great service from the attentive staff and the food from the Indigo restaurant at the hotel is second to none and highly recommended.

I used the conferencing facilities at the hotel for business and the attention to detail by the staff was first class.

I have moved to another area now and I will miss atmosphere and the people of the Ardington. Well done to the Ardington team. I will pop back to share a glass and say thanks as soon as I can.

Recommended in all respects.

Thanks to all.

Room Tip: All are OK but ask for a newly refurbished one for the top of the range - all are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rustington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A tad better than the Travelodge on Worthing seafront. That about sums it up...... Not worth the price, I was in room 29 and was woken very early am by the chambermaids talking in their staff room! The room I was in needed an update worn carpet, avocado bathroom .drab and dated I didn't dare look at the mattress! Only stayed one night so didn't bother to make a fuss but not a place to stay for a weeks holiday at the seaside. I am writing this review on behalf of some-one else who isn't known on trip advisor they do not have a computer but wanted their comments to be shared to advise others.

Room Tip: go somewhere more modern if that's possible in quaint old Worthing.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I've been here for a few days so far, and fully intend on spending the rest of my time in Worthing staying here! I have found the staff friendly, helpful, and easy to get on with. The beds are huge, and I've found the shortbread biscuits supplied in the room to be particularly tasty!

The breakfast is superb from the linked Indigo restaurant, tends to keep me full all day! (so much so that I fancied having a nap after eating it!)

As of yet, I haven't visited the restaurant during the evening, but the local restaurants seem to be superb as well, giving you plenty of options.

Overall, I'd say, great trip so far, I look forward to staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Some people have mentioned to choose the refurbished rooms. Personally I have found both the refurbi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Worthing
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Currently staying here, and am planning on remaining here for the rest of my requirement to be in Worthing!
The hotel has undergone refurbishment, and I have found the rooms to be fantastic...the double beds are huge! The hotel appears as described on their website :-)
All the staff are friendly, and are happy to stop and talk with you, ensuring your stay is a positive experience.
Would definitely recommend the Ardington Hotel to others, and will enjoy the rest of my stay immensely (with the complimentary DVD library also!).

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business