“Wedding night stay”

The Ardington Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this hotel for my Daughter on the night of her wedding paying £170. Her flight to Barbados was not until the next day. Not only was the room very small the bathroom was also and the shower had low pressure. The room faced the rear of the building with no view.
I also had a room with my Wife cost £130. My room was over the front entrance with the huge hotel name shining bright. What with the smokers talking the light shining and the constant door in use not much sleep until very late.
On arrival at the hotel passed midnight we were kept waiting in reception because the staff on duty were serving behind the bar.
I mistakenly thought that for the price paid my Daughter at least should have been given a decent size room with a properly functional shower.
Rather than post this comment I e-mailed the manager but having received no reply to my comments I feel the need to give feedback.

Room Tip: Do not accept the room over the main entrance very noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Westout

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here to attend a wedding for our dear friend's who live in Worthing. We wanted something central so we could have easy access to and from the venue. When booking I asked if it was possible to check in earlier due to a church service at 1pm. The hotel staff was very helpful, quick at booking us in and the room matched everything else.

It was a lovely room the bed was comfortable and we had a fantastic sleep.

The breakfast in the morning was brilliant with different varieties. It was a shame that on a Sunday it is only available till 10am as a lie in would have been nice.The noise of the seagulls definately had us up bright and early also so it probably wouldn't make a difference.

The shower was a bit out dated and it was either super hot or freezing cold. The plus was you can park your car outside all day on Saturday for £3.50 with a voucher from the hotel and Sunday parking is free which was great as soon as we checked out we spent a lovely afternoon around Worthing enjoying the sea and the day.

I would definately stay again for another occassion as it was in my eye's a fantastic hotel with professional caring staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Ardington Hotel is a very nicely run family business. I have stayed here several times and each time I enjoy it even more. They have recently done renovations on many of their double rooms making them even more comfortable. The 'traditional English breakfast' in the mornings start your day off just right. The staff is eager to help and very friendly. Located on the seaside it is a nice location to go for walks/runs, plenty of very good restaurants in the area (Brio is one) make it an ideal location. Keep it up Ardington and I won't be able to book a room in the future. Well Done!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side across from the park can be noisy... especially when the seagulls are being...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tails22
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This is fantastically located hotel in Worthing. We stayed for four nights in a family room. Breakfast was exceptionally good, I wish I had been brace enough to test them on their kippers though. The bar in the evening was well stocked and the staff polite, although I heard an Irishman behind me complaining about the speed of service. In Ireland apparently all bar staff can multi task!

Receptionist was also superb and worth singling out.

Minor gripe - it was an exceptionally hot week and they seemed to switch the air con off at night. The rooms, like many old English hotels aren't equipped with such things so sleeping wasn't the easiest. We English, we moan so much!

Aside from that, and a toiled reluctant to flush it was a perfectly acceptable and as good as you'll get in Worthing

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is better than it first appears. The stairs and corridor areas are really terrible and the layout appalling but the rooms have been improved (newish furniture but 1980s bathroom).

The high-light is the experienced, and surprisingly helpful English staff. they made the stay - as did the breakfast which was very good. We would come again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 28 July 2014

super hotel ai location very clean just refurbished breakfeast 10 evening meal 10 will book again soon every thing is in walking distance shops pier seafront will be back soon take or hire bikes wicked ride along seafront sea lane cafe at goring well worth a visit

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night in June, and had 2 rooms, 1 double and 1 twin. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The twin room had an ensuite that was down 2 steps and our daughter was very pleased with her room. Our double did have one window that would not stay open, but that did not ruin what was a great room. We would certainly stay here again when we next visit Worthing, and we will come back to Worthing, it is a very nice British seaside town, and much nicer than Brighton.

Room Tip: Its worth having a room at the back as there is less traffic noise - but the views are compromised b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family