“What a really Nice place, and "Nice " staff”

The Ardington Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“What a really Nice place, and "Nice " staff”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

So there we were, a band of 20+ Soaking wet drummers, having just preformed on a bank Holiday typically wet weekend in Worthing, All we needed was a place to pop into and to get dry, have a coffee and a chance to refresh ourselves. We didn't know the Ardington, we hadn't had it recommended, but in we went.

Coffee, biscuits, a place to sit all as standard, then we got towels to dry off and one of the staff refilling our coffee for us.

any way, in brief, Friendly hotel, the parts of I saw were very clean , attentive staff.

Cant comment on rooms etc as we didn't stay , but if they are as nice as the bits i saw , they will be lovely

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I thought this may be good place to eat, since they have vegetarian options on the menu. However, I was disgusted to see from the bar menu that they serve foie gras. Foie gras production is really cruel and actually illegal in this country, so they must buy the stuff from France. Not going again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Julie H
Loughborough
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights. Very clean room and bathroom, free wifi, comfortable beds. Only annoyance was the early seagulls but you'd expect being on the coast!!! They soon flew off though. Breakfast was good (could do with normal milk for us normals- why have semi skimmed and the a full English???). We stayed and left the kids next door with grandad :-) but we would stay here anyway as it's great value and VERY CLEAN which seems so hard to achieve these days.

England
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a family run hotel in a good central position, convenient for the shops and the sea. The staff are excellent, all helpful giving the impression that they enjoy working there.

The building is quite old so there are creakings as people walk past your room, and the rooms are not large, but they are clean and comfortable. There is always an excellent breakfast and the restaurant does a very good dinner too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this hotel for my Daughter on the night of her wedding paying £170. Her flight to Barbados was not until the next day. Not only was the room very small the bathroom was also and the shower had low pressure. The room faced the rear of the building with no view.
I also had a room with my Wife cost £130. My room was over the front entrance with the huge hotel name shining bright. What with the smokers talking the light shining and the constant door in use not much sleep until very late.
On arrival at the hotel passed midnight we were kept waiting in reception because the staff on duty were serving behind the bar.
I mistakenly thought that for the price paid my Daughter at least should have been given a decent size room with a properly functional shower.
Rather than post this comment I e-mailed the manager but having received no reply to my comments I feel the need to give feedback.

Room Tip: Do not accept the room over the main entrance very noisy.
2 Thank Westout
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here to attend a wedding for our dear friend's who live in Worthing. We wanted something central so we could have easy access to and from the venue. When booking I asked if it was possible to check in earlier due to a church service at 1pm. The hotel staff was very helpful, quick at booking us in and the room matched everything else.

It was a lovely room the bed was comfortable and we had a fantastic sleep.

The breakfast in the morning was brilliant with different varieties. It was a shame that on a Sunday it is only available till 10am as a lie in would have been nice.The noise of the seagulls definately had us up bright and early also so it probably wouldn't make a difference.

The shower was a bit out dated and it was either super hot or freezing cold. The plus was you can park your car outside all day on Saturday for £3.50 with a voucher from the hotel and Sunday parking is free which was great as soon as we checked out we spent a lovely afternoon around Worthing enjoying the sea and the day.

I would definately stay again for another occassion as it was in my eye's a fantastic hotel with professional caring staff.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Ardington Hotel is a very nicely run family business. I have stayed here several times and each time I enjoy it even more. They have recently done renovations on many of their double rooms making them even more comfortable. The 'traditional English breakfast' in the mornings start your day off just right. The staff is eager to help and very friendly. Located on the seaside it is a nice location to go for walks/runs, plenty of very good restaurants in the area (Brio is one) make it an ideal location. Keep it up Ardington and I won't be able to book a room in the future. Well Done!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side across from the park can be noisy... especially when the seagulls are being...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business