Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Wed, 6 Mar
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews indigo restaurant eden room bridge weekend premium room steyne gardens birthday party family run hotel lovely hotel a stones throw sea front excellent breakfast comfortable stay biscuits one night stay town centre simon pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2023

What can I say I booked a meeting room for a meeting with the NHS and my company for presentations and discussions for 40 people. firstly Richard was great at communication before the event and his team are faultless food was great service was amazing. Will certainly be hiring the meeting rooms again thank-you to the team at this great venue. I would recommend other companies to book.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2023

Arrived in a taxi with my elderly mum to find a number of people standing outside smoking which was not the greatest first impression. I soon realised these were a group of people using a conference room and not guests so perhaps an alternative smoking area should be found for these groups in future. I had called ahead to ask if we could leave our bag before check in which we did and went off to have lunch. Arrived back and checked in. Having requested a ground floor room with a walk in shower, explaining that my mum has very bad mobility. We entered room 22 to find a very small and basic room, nothing like the rooms shown on the hotel's website at all. We looked in the tiny bathroom to find an extremely small shower with a high sided shower tray, not a walk in shower at all. I complained at reception but was told there were no other rooms available on the ground floor and as they do not have a lift then upstairs was not an option for my mum. This hotel really needs to understand and meet it's guests accessibility needs. My mum was unable to have a shower as a consequence for our two night stay during a very hot week. Totally unacceptable to charge £148 a night for a tiny and frankly depressing room and not be clear about the shower when specifically asked before booking. However, the room was very clean and had a good beverage selection. I requested a shower safety mat for myself which was promised to be put in our room but when I returned a few hours later I had to ring reception to ask for it again. The next morning at breakfast we ordered decaf tea and a man brought decaf coffee instead. Then ordered a bowl of porridge which we waited an excessively long time for and even when we asked where it was we still had another long wait while watching other orders coming out of the kitchen ahead of us. The porridge was barely cooked and inedible when it eventually arrived. Clearly forgotten about our order. The saving grace was an excellent meal at the Indigo restaurant the second evening and very good service at breakfast the next day. When checking out at reception the man we saw, who was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived, was very abrupt and didn't ask if our stay was ok. I handed in my feedback form at the same time. I presume he read it straight away as while we were waiting for a taxi to collect us he came over to where we were sitting in the lounge and slammed an open door right by us very aggressively and loudly. We would neither return to this hotel or recommend it, especially to anyone with accessibility needs. Also be aware this hotel is on an extremely busy road with constant traffic. My mum found it very difficult to cross over this road to get to the seafront and town and would not have been confident enough to cross by herself. This hotel is not a good choice for anyone with mobility issues. We feel we have been overcharged for a very disappointing room

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 8 September 2023

Our room overlooked Steyne Park and with the window open we could smell the sea air. The room was spacious, quiet, bright and very clean. Staff was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed (extra hot chocolate and washcloths). The breakfasts were fresh-cooked and delicious. I loved staying here and felt quite at home. I will come again.

Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed 1 September 2023

I needed a last minute place to stay near enough to the hospital. Booked a single room but got one of the bigger rooms assigned. The hotel is clean and classy. It has old school class with nice furniture and quality bath rooms. The staff is friendly and a great breakfast is included in the price.

Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed 18 August 2023

This is a lovely hotel, we had a ground floor room with very comfortable beds, well stocked tea coffees and milk and nice touches of biscuits.

It was lovely to be able just to sit in the lounge and watch the world go by. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was very nice with lots of choice and the portions of the meals in the restaurant were large.

The hotel is a five minute walk to the sea front and also the town centre. We found it easy to park outside and it was free as we had a blue badge.

Date of stay: July 2023