The Moorings
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bgenuine hoststeddy bearhome from homepermit providedfridge and microwavetea and biscuitsfelt like homegood sizebank holiday weekenden suite showerquiet roadlovely ownerssmall roomfull englishother guestsideal location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed for a single night but was made to feel most welcome. Plenty of parking in the road (so long as it's after 4pm).

Welcome was great, very helpful with getting settled in, room was nice and spacious, with everything you could want. I was especially impressed by having a teapot to use, most places just have teabags.

Breakfast too was tasty and I will try here first when I am next in the area. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My grandson and I stayed at the Moorings in late May 2013. Our hosts did everything possible to see that our needs were met including preparing special breakfast items. The location was convenient for walks along the beach. Restaurants were within easy walking distance. I would recommend this B & B highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MAF44
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I arrived at 9.50pm on 30th October; not a problem. I was asked if I wanted anything to eat. I don't know what would have been available at that time of night, but the fact I was asked created a good first impression. The landlord took my bag up the stairs, and explained everything I needed to know, succinctly; this included giving guidance on reaching my destination the following day (directions repeated by his wife the next morning, because I'd managed to pack the map her husband had helpfully supplied). The (single) room was small, but perfectly adequate, and equipped with the usual tea/coffee making facilities, biscuits, bottled water. I even noticed a hot water bottle. Everywhere was clean, and the room/amenities carefully laid out, and presented with attention to detail. Wi-fi was fast (and the access code readily to hand). Though unused, I believe the TV had Freeview. Getting ready after a relaxing night's sleep, the water was hot (not always the case in the smaller hotels and B & Bs). I had high expectations for breakfast, having read the reviews on Trip Advisor and elsewhere, and was not disappointed. Usually I stay in a chain hotel and plump for the 'all you can eat' breakfast deal. This was easily its equivalent in terms of choice (including fruit juice, yoghurt, fruit segments, cereals, and a cooked selection ranging from toast to full English). The latter was freshly cooked (a nice change from having to self-serve from a hot plate), and quality definitely 'ten on ten'. The waitress (the owners' daughter?) was all smiles, and very attentive (more coffee? more toast?), even asking (as I finished off my cereal) if I was ready for my cooked breakfast. Small touches, but important. I felt CONSIDERED. The landlady chatted amiably with me (and the 2 other guests, sharing the dining room), and was the perfect host. Location was great - within approximately 10 minutes' walk of the centre. If you want a friendly place to stay in Worthing, with great service and food, this is it. I only needed it for 1 night, but would certainly go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2013adp
Colin-Sarah, Owner at The Moorings, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Many Thanks for your review we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again next time your in Worthing

Thank-you

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I have to start by saying that I only made a flying visit to The Moorings, as it was little more than somewhere for me to crash after attending a wedding at the nearby Worthing Dome Cinema. But in the short time I spent there, it left a very good impression on me.

I found the online booking very simple, the room rate was acceptable (not the cheapest, certainly), and when I rang up with a mildly awkward request for an early check-in, they were immensely understanding and helpful.

My room was very clean and comfortable, the location was easy to find and quiet, and the breakfast, whilst pretty standard fare, was delicious and speedily-served. I was also very grateful for the little note reminding me of the clocks going back as I stumbled through the door at 1am. Nice touch.

I suspect I'm underselling the virtues of this excellent B&B. But I simply didn't have the time to spare to chat to the owners, Colin & Sarah. If I find myself staying in Worthing again, I'll definitely stay here, but I might build in a little time to appreciate the place properly next time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ntreid

Many Thanks for your review, were pleased to have ticked your boxes

Hope to see you again when your in Worthing

Many Thanks

Colin & Sarah

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We have been traveling around southern England. Of the four bed and breakfast places we stayed at this was clearly the best. Very professional all around. Nice large rooms with great amenities. The hosts were helpful with places to see.
Fast, free wifi was a big advantage for planning our trip

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Many Thanks for your review

were glad to have been of service and hope your stay in England went well

All the best