“not worthy”

The Swallows Return
Ranked #74 of 367 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Pub
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Swallows Return offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

went there on bank holiday Friday for the first time ever but what a disappointment. The building looks beautiful inside out but the food is very poor. The service was ok. I really don't think I will be coming back. Shame, huge potential wasted.

1  Thank Miroslav K

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have visited this pub a few times, it has lots of character as it is a barn conversion. The reason its called Swallows Return, is because they had to accommodate the Swallows that were in the barn before refurbishment, by putting up lots of swallow nest boxes. In the summer, you can see them swooping around the garden and flying in and out of the rafters outside.
We haven't had a meal here yet, but the menu looks very appealing, we have seen some of the meals coming out of the kitchen and they look delicious.
Weekends look very busy in the restaurant, so reservations would be advisable.
The seated bar area only accommodates a few people, I think this is purely set up for people maybe waiting for their tables,
There are 2 real fireplaces which in the winter are lit and candles are lit on every table which makes for a very homely atmosphere.
There is plenty of parking in the pub's car park, which is free.
We have found all the staff to be pleasant and accommodating.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

They forgot to inform me that part of the sharing platter had sold out. I couldn't eat what they substituted and they refunded in full with no quibble - excellent customer service

1  Thank Trainace1
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Such a shame this lovely venue let us down. The food was nice at the most, but the portions were ridiculous and the presentation was disappointing.
I had the fish of the day- trout. It was the size of a Mars bar. (No exaggeration). To sum up; food quality okay, portions abysmal (still hungry) and service was flat, underwhelming and absent. Sorry swallows return but sort it out!!!

1  Thank Pizza-wizard-123
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our friends took us here for a celebration meal. The quality of the food was disgusting and our friend spent most of the time at the bar trying to get the manager to come and see us. She failed. The waiting staff seemed to have no care in the world. I would never go back here if they gave me free vouchers. The worst food I have ever been served with

3  Thank Conrad H