“Best restaurant experience ever.”
Review of Masala Club

Masala Club
Ranked #43 of 554 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2011

The food is excellent, I've been going there ever since it's been opened. Me and my wife go there every Saturday, and we usually take our friends with us too. The food's great, and so is the experience. It's very clean, and the staff are very friendly. There's a very big menu too.

I recommend everyone who's interested in going here to book a table, as it get's very busy every week.

3  Thank AronWestmidlands

Reviewed 26 October 2010

we started coming here when it first opened just over 12 months ago and We love the food at the Masala club and the friendly contemporary atmosphere the lads are very welcoming and always have big smiles they make it there buisness to remember your name and welcome you by name and a hand shake, the menu is enormous and they offer every variety of indian and fusion food you could thnk of, there are also chef specials and healthy eating options/ sizzling platters, mild dishes to extremley hot dishes and various rice, nans and poppadoms with the most amazing selection of chutneys ,onion salad and hot green chillis which we love, there is a varied wine list and beers and soft drinks my other half wishes they served john smiths but they dont so he has to do with Cobra but it goes down well with a chicken tikka jalfreizi madas hot , veg pilau rice and a keema nan. Every meal we have had here as always been perfection we have had partys with 40 people seated and all the food was excellent and all came hot we have also took friends who have been amazed and regularly stay at ours to go to the masala club we cannot recommend this restaurant enough it is well worth a visit and will cost you approx £15 each for poppadoms onion salad and chutneys ect, main meal with rice a nan bread and a drink you wont be sorry and you will soon be back but book if it's fri or sat night as they do get full up........... enjoy

7  Thank shelleywelly45
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Started with popadom, followed by Kala Mirch for my partner and Kiran special for myself.
The meal was ok, the kala Mirch needed to be reheated. The Massalla Club has a
huge menu with over 60 main courses which is far too much. Stereotypical food.

3  Thank Petitpoussin
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We were in Tettenhall for a visit to 'La Pinza' beautique (which my wife insists is "...the only fashion shop worth going to") and we were feeling a little peckish. I asked the owner of the shop if he knew of any Indian restaurants and he mentioned the Masala Club. We decided to give it a try.

On entering, it was obvious that a great deal of money had been spent on what had been a Pub in earlier life. Black marble floor tiles, deep red carpet, white walls and crisp, white tablecloths. For a starter we decided to share an Onion Bhaji, for we have found that a larger starter can spoil the main course (or it may be that age is creeping up on me). We asked for two plates and they were delivered with small slices of apple, mango and a mango sorbet! It was an unexpected treat and the Onion Bhaji was delicious - crisp and not at all greasy.

For the main course my wife wanted a Prawn Patia but the waiter asked her if she had ever tried another prawn dish. She tried it and was amazed as it suited her beautifully - spicy (but not too spicy) and she raved about it - I am afraid that I did not take a note of the name. I had a Tandoori Garlic Chilli Chicken, again, it was beautifuly presented by a young waiter.

We left the table to take a seat in the waiting area where the waiters were chatting to a couple of businesmen and it was obvious that they knew each other and they were very complimentary on the quality of the food. The staff offered us a complimentary coffee.

All in all, a wonderful restaurant which I would put in the same league as the Bombay Brassery in London.

4  Thank JHorovitz
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We have been coming here for nearly a year now after it was recommended to us, the food and service are always excellent and the prices very reasonable, given the choice we would not go anywhere else.
The numberous friends and family we have taken here all come away saying how fantastic it is

2  Thank ninamWolverhampton