“Good coffee and homemade burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Madame Clarkes

Madame Clarkes
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Traditional, Table serviced, Cafe-Restaurant set in Georgian listed building on historic street in the center of Wolverhampton. Passionately run by a Local family providing freshly prepared food and desserts in a relaxing and atmospheric enviroment. Afternoon Teas, Cream Teas, Take aways and Buffets all availble.
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Good coffee and homemade burger”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We ordered a cafetiere that came with cream, and it is worth a stop just for the coffee. The lord and Master’s burger was home-made, nicely seasoned and tasty despite being over cooked. The chips that came with it were crispy and they swapped the coleslaw for a salad with dressing. My beef sandwich was dull except for the nice mustard mayo. A good place for a cheap mid-shop meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MGM_On_Food

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Been here a few times and always busy. The meal deal took me and my partners attention great portions and food for cheap prices and not boil in the bag crap like all other pubs.

• Visited April 2014
Wolverhampton, UK
“Worth a try”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We popped in for lunch on a Friday and it was quite busy. Reasonable choice of straightforward food at sensible prices. Unfortunately my first choice was no longer available - removed from the menu as it hadn't proved popular apparently. I then chose a BBQ stack burger with chips which was OK,although I'm not sure why they bothered with the eggcup-sized serving of coleslaw. The chips were great. My wife's vegetable lasagne was also perfectly acceptable without being outstanding. We had to wait a bit longer than we'd expected but not excessively so. The staff were very pleasant and their friendliness has earned an extra point. I wouldn't go out of my way to return, but would go again if I were in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Niel-Wolverhampton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best place in Wolverhampton”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

There are many coffee shops in and around Wolverhampton but none are as good as Madam Clarkes. The vintage interior adds to the theme of the restaurant. The decor of the restaurant shows Wolverhampton of past and present. The food is absolutely fantastic with a wide range of cuisines. The staff are very friendly always asking if you are okay. I ate on a Saturday and it was tremendously busy however the service was next to nothing and there was no delay on the food. Overall an fantastic meal.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“brilliant !”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was my mothers birthday, took her out for lunch, had heard of Madame Clarkes so decided to try it. When i walked in, it was very busy, first impressions were good, the staff greeted us very friendly. The atmosphere was lovely and the decor was lovely with lovely music playing in the background. There was a good choice in the menu, in the end I chose the bbq stack burger and my mom had the fish and chips. The meals were absolutely beautiful ! The burger came as a stack and the chips were divine and very moreish ! My moms fish was white as snow and flakey with lovely tasty batter. For after my mom went for the traditional afternoon cream tea which looked divine and i went for the homemade carrot cake which was delicious and i also had a thick strawberry milkshake ! 100% we will be returning, it was very well priced, staff were very friendly and the food was devine ! Love it !!

• Visited May 2014