“Attention to detail required..”
Review of The Westacres

The Westacres
Ranked #100 of 514 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

From the pot-holed car park entrance, to the scruffy (gents) toilets with only one main light - of three - working, we should have realised (prior to ordering) things hadn't improved since our last visit.. but time was against us.
The menu reads beautifully, this doesn't however, transfer to the food presented.. see pic of "Beer-Battered Mushrooms", the first attempt at her ladyships "Fish Pie" arrived with a burnt top, which re-appeared minus it's original top (so even smaller) with very little fish and definitely no Prawn.. very poor!
Nice location and décor lift the score up to average, must do better Ember Inns.

2  Thank CSLWolves
Westacres T, Manager at The Westacres, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

There are newer reviews for The Westacres

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Me, my mum and my daughter all arrived for lunch in a empty pub having ordered we knew we wouldn't have long to wait for food as it was only us in at the time, another two couples entered the bar after so a bustling 7 people to serve!! Oh gosh 45 miss to wait for our meals we were so hungry and with a 4 years old it is just not acceptable with it being so quiet and not exactly freshly prepared food! Food wasn't too bad but definitely not worth the money and the burger was as dry as anything and it was obvious the food had been sitting under the lights on hot cupboard for awhile! We then went on to have dessert only because it came with the meal deal that I had so we order 1 Eton mess, 1 small chocolate ice cream, and 1 small vanilla we had to wait over 15 mins for these to come and it had only got busier by a table of 7! We were told it was coming they were just really busy on food orders! I don't know how they will cope on busier times. Oh n an Eton mess should contain strawberries not a pitiful couple of redcurrants. Not good such ashame

Sorry you didn't enjoy your visit

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I ordered a table earlier in the week so we weren't turned away (as it was Morthering Sunday weekend I guessed it would be busier than normal). When we arrived and ordered food at the bar, we were told there would a 50 minute wait for food but as there was a group of us who who got together for an overdue catch up, we weren't in a rush for food! I think it was about 30 mins, so not bad at all. I have brownie and ice cream for dessert which was to die for! Both courses came to less than £10!! Bargain!

The food was hot and wholesome. I had chicken pie with veg and potatoes. It all tasted great but unfortunately the pastry was that hard I could barely eat half of the outside - this was the only reason for marking down.

Would definately come here again.

A note to anyone who knows the Wolverhampton area and their pubs - The Dog & Gun in Tettenhall is part of the same chain as The Westacres, with exactly the same menu and meal offers. Even though it's only a few minutes around the corner, The Dog & Gun is slightly more expensive.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I visited this lovely pub for an early dinner arrived at 530pm. We used tused to use this pub in the past but as soon as we entered we could feel it had changed and not for the better. The pub was almost empty with only a barmaid in attendance. We sat at a table in view if the bar and waited. There were no signs to indicate whether there was waitress service or did customers order food at the bar. We sat reading the menus and after about 10minutes I approached the bar and ordered the evening two course meal and a bottle of wine. The meals were priced at a very reasonable £8.50. The wine was excellent and at just under £14 excellent value. We waited for almost 20 minutes before our meals came. However,they had bought me a burger when I had ordered at steak pie. The waitress, who had been behind the bar when we arrived, apologised and too both meals back into the kitchen. A further wait of 10minutes before our meals arrived. My meal was hot but my wife's was only warm. She had had the gammon and pineapple. The pineapple was so hard my wife couldn't cut it so I tried but I found it difficult to cut. We looked around for the waitress but she was behind the bar again. As she was serving a couple of customers we didn't want to bother her. We had finished our main meal, well I had, my wife had left the pineapple and some of the gammon. We waited another 10minutes to have our table cleared. Again the same waitress came to us and we complained about the warm meal and uneatable pineapple. She apologised and told us the sweet would be gratis. We had our sweets which were lovely and waited,expecting the waitress to bring us a refund for the sweets but waitress was busy serving two other tables. We finally gotbfed up of waiting and left. The whole experience convinced us to never visit there again. It is a shame as it is close to our home and used to be a pretty nice place to eat. It is now not good, the whole ambience was cold and the service very poor. The menus was good but the meals were cold.

1  Thank Alan P

Reviewed 8 February 2014

After reading some if the views that have been left on here I have avoided going to the Westacres for a long time.
However, tonight my wife and I decided to drop in and see what it was like for ourselves. I am glad I did, as the food was very nice. I had the Jalfrezi Platter and my wife had the Pulled Beef Chilli. Both were very good, as were the real ales and wine.
Just goes to show, sometimes you cant always believe what you read.