“Still the best hotel in Wolves.”

Novotel Wolverhampton
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 January 2013

As I have said in previous reviews, my wife and I live in Nottinghamshire and follow Wolverhampton Wanderers. Yes, we are having counselling, but until we are sorted we will keep on going. We have stayed at a couple of other places recently but came back to The Novotel as we got an excellent price for our room. On checking in I was gobsmacked that the Ipswich Town football team that we were playing that day had stayed here the night before. Are we rich...........or are they not so rich. Should have kicked a few of them. Anyway, the girl on reception was lovely, as always and within 5 minutes we were checked in and in our room. Room number 330 was right near the lift but we never heard it once........................probably as we had drowned our sorrows in the city centre that night. I won't comment on the room as I have said before, they are all great. Room is great, bed is great, bathroom is great and the staff are great, so.................................................please, please sort your prices out. We totally refuse to have anything from the mini bar in the room and like a large majority of the Irish people who had travelled over to watch Wolves, we refuse to pay your extortionate bar prices. Okay, so you have a captive audience, but The Moon Under Water pub is a ten minute walk and a round of drinks is 70% cheaper than your bar prices. We will always stay at The Novotel but we could spend a lot more money if you weren't so greedy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
fsdsdsgh, General Manager at Novotel Wolverhampton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Novotel Wolverhampton. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the price of the minibar. If you wish to contact me direct I can tell you about the special offers we have for our Wolves supporters. Up the mighty Wolves and hopefully we can turn the season around.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Clean, in a great spot, good breakfast. Comfy beds and ever helpful staff. Has always been good and keeps up the high standard. My age old complaint about bar prices remains however. I still think if prices were lower more guests would stay for a drink rather than leaving the hotel.

Room Tip: Go high for escaping road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Wolverhampton and i have passed on your comments to Head Office reagrding the price of drinks.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We had to stay here in an emergency for one night in the first half of December as the family house on the outskirts had a below zero temperature owing to failed central heating.As I had suffered a stroke in Thailand in September we both felt it unwise to sleep in sub zero temperatures. We got the one remaining room thankfully and paid more than usual as the hotel was full. But it did include breakfast and the stroke had not decreased my appetite so we were certainly looking forward to that.
It was wonderful to see those we had previously met and also nice to meet the newcomers. And once again I can report a good quality comfortable stay with good beds and excellent staff. The bar chap, Gary, always has been and continues to be a delight to talk to. The only sad thing is that
post stroke I had to restrain my consumption of his wares. Nonetheless the Murphys was superb.
There was, most unusually, a very slight hiccup at breakfast. We were very pleased to see the staff again and the breakfast is always superb. So good in fact that I was off to replenish my plate at 0945am as there was still a fair amount of the buffet left. Much to my surprise it had all been taken away (especially surprising as the breakfast service does not finish until 1000am.)
I decided not to moan as it really was of no real consequence. I was just being a little greedy. There was still muesli though and although I am usually a full English chap I have to change my diet in the new year so.....
I mention this only because I always tell the truth in my reviews which really does illustrate how good this place really is. I would still award 99.5% with no hesitation. Couple this with the fact that we have stayed here so many times before and given 100% every time...well this is still a well deserved excellent review. Yet again thank you all and well done. Without you we would have had a most unpleasant night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay once again and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Expensive £80-£110 night All cons in rooms inc Mini Fridge & Wi Fi but £2.50 small bottle Still or carbonated water or coke Mars bars £1.60.However ideal for guests overnight on business Trips being located 5-10min walk from wolves town centre not really reccommended for genaral overnight traveler All Staff very welcoming towards guests.

Room Tip: Suggest using Wi FI use the Free Service in Reception if possible when busy only get 20min sessions
1  Thank Stephen H
fsdsdsgh, General Manager at Novotel Wolverhampton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at the Novotel Wolverhampton regarding a few matters. We are currently in the process of getting a new internet provider which will then give the hotel guests free access to WiFi, this should be happening mid year.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Visited the Novotel on the 20th of December 2012. On the positive side this hotel is only minutes away from the town center and the train station. Staff are efficient and friendly, besides the dry burger the room service was good overall. Rooms are relatively spacious compared to the ones in other parts of the country. The only major downfalls for me were 2 things:
1)The bed was the (Foamy type bed I think) which feels like a sponge, it wasnt comfy at all.
2)The other downfall was that the room was stuffy felt like I couldnt breath fresh air, the small hole they call an A/C and opening the windows did little to solve the problem (keep in mind this was in December). This was the main reason I decided to reduce my stay from 2 nights to one. But I gave it an overall three due to the spacious relatively clean rooms and the good service by the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Novotel Wolverhampton. I was delighted to read the positive comments and have noted your comments regarding the bed and stuffiness of the room. I will be looking into these matters.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

This was my first ever stay at a Novotel and I must admit that I was pleasantly suprised . The room was large and its design had been well thought out . The major plus points were separate toilet and bathroom , double doors shielding from any noise in the corridor and a large comfy sofa to sit on . The bed was large and comfy . We did not go for breakfast which seems a bit steep at £14. The staff we came into contact with with polite and helpful .The room rate was very reasonable for what we got. We booked about a month in advance . The only slight criticism was that our tea bags milk and sugar were not replenished after we used then on the first night . that aside a good place to stay

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your thoughts we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel Wolverhampton.

Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

Stopped at the hotel midweek when attending a family functions. Me and 3 of my children. Staff were very friendly. Got loads of extra biscuits and drink in the room for the children. Got a call 10 mins into getting into the room to see if we were happy with everything. Room was spacious and clean. Well impressed overall. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Wolverhampton. I look forward to your next visit.