“Comfortable room, friendly welcome”

Novotel Wolverhampton
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel in Wolverhampton overnight whilst attending a conference. We received a warm welcome from the staff, who were very helpful and courteous. The room was spacious and comfortable. The decor is looking a bit tired now, but the Novotel formula works very well, and I don't think we have ever had a bad experience with them in the UK or France.

The headline room rate looks expensive, and indifferent value for what you get, but we paid a great deal less booking through a third party site.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
fsdsdsgh, General Manager at Novotel Wolverhampton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you have had pleasant experiences in both our UK hotels and France. We will be extremely happy to welcome you back in the near future. Kind Regards, John Armstrong (General Manager)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Travelled to Novotel with family members. Nice Hotel, easy to find, price reasonable, great breakfast, rooms very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend it for city centre break. Bit of a walk to shops but OK. Very near train station. Staff at reception seemed to be new and not sure of details. All very helpful. Had food in bar - was good as well. Pizza was lovely. There were lots of people staying on Sat night but we had very peaceful night. Good parking facilities and were given tokens to exit car park. Had stayed in Novotel in Paris before and would not hesitate to stay in a Novotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your comment regarding your visit to the Novotel Wolverhampton. We are very pleased with your feedback and happy to know that you would not hesitate to stay at a Novotel again, Kind Regards, John Armstrong (General Manager)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at the Wolverhampton Novotel whilst in the area visiting the Crufts Dog show. In spite of the hotel being completely full, we managed to get a very good rate online for our room, much less than those advertised on the sign for a hotel. Our room, a "superior", was located on the third floor, and had a large window overlooking the car park and a cityscape. Our neighbours were a group of young people, who could be clearly heard in the corridoor while we were getting ready for bed, however after a short time they were quiet, and our sleep was not disturbed. The room itself was in two parts; the cloakroom area (wardrobe, iron, fridge, safe, tea and coffee making facilities), with a single toilet room; and the main bedroom, with a shower room in the corner. The shower had two parts, handheld and "overhead rain", and was very good. I found the bed was very comfortable, and we had a good night's sleep. We did not try any of the hotel food, instead opting for a Wetherspoon dinner (5 minutes walk), and breakfast when we arrived at Birmingham International.

Altogether a very pleasant stay, and I would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room, at the far end overlooking the car park, was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
fsdsdsgh, Manager at Novotel Wolverhampton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Wolverhampton. We are most glad to receive your feedback and would be very pleased to welcome you again in the near future. Kind Regards John Armstrong (General Manager)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My son and I stayed here for a night while visiting Wolverhampton to see a concert at the Civic Hall. I booked Novotel's winter offer and only paid £39 for the superior room which was excellent value. The hotel is modern, well-signposted, easy to find with a gated car park. Inside the reception area and lobby are modern, clean and well decorated. The room was a good size, modern, well-equipped and clean. Throughout the hotel, everything was modern, well kept and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived in the late afternoon and upon checking in, reception booked us a taxi for later that evening which was very helpful.

The hotel is very close to the Civic Hall for concerts and a short walk to restaurants and the town centre which was ideal. The lobby was nice to sit and have a drink in, really nice atmosphere. The next morning we had breakfast in the restaurant which was surprisingly excellent. There was a good selection of hot food, fruit, cold meats, cheeses, yogurts, etc. and the food was really yummy. The restaurant was modern, very clean and everything was very well presented.

I have to say I was wary booking this hotel for only £39 as I'm quite picky and this turned out to be one of the best value stays I've ever had in any hotel. I was very impressed and would definitely recommend this little hidden gem to any of my friends or family.

Room Tip: I booked my breakfast online when I booked my room and saved money only paying £8.95. Had I waited...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
fsdsdsgh, Manager at Novotel Wolverhampton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

We are delighted to receive such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Wolverhampton whilst attending a concert at the Civic Hall . Our team are very happy to be informed about your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your son once again to the Novotel Wolverhampton. Kind Regards, John Armstrong (General Manager)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I think I have been spoilt by my £40 executive room (through Accor's Happy Mondays offer) experience at Novotel Reading! First impressions were a bit disappointing, room card keys strewn about the car park. I had paid an extra £9 for an Executive Room but unlike in Reading I don't think there is any difference in size, and the broadband package including a good selection of free movies is no longer available at Wolverhampton as the TV have been 'upgraded'. I was told I could have premium wifi instead but was not told how to get it, so has to go back to reception to get an access code. I was also not advised that you can pre-book breakfast the night before and get a £5 discount on the normal rate of £13.95, I had to ask if any deals were available before I was told about it. The only other differences in the Executive Room seem to be the coffee maker - but only four capsules instead of the normal six had been suppied - the two empty spaces being filled with milk cartons! To be fair, I did ask for more and was given them. But it looked mean. There was a pair of bathrobes but only one set of slippers. The teaspoon had not been cleaned properly and one of the towels had a stain on it. I know these are relatively trivial matters but all seem to indicate poor attention to detail that I do not expect from Novotel. One free bottle of water was supplied (for two of us) free of charge, with another four in the mini-fridge that I was told were chargeable. In Reading all the water bottles were complimentary. Only one of the two lifts appeared to be working but there was no sign indicating this or apologising and the receptionist did not mention it. Breakfast was OK although it would be helpful if the sausages were labelled as to their content - it was difficult to know if there were vegetarian sausages or if in fact they were chicken. Most of the hot food was OK temperature wise except for the tepid scrambled eggs which were completely tasteless anyway so not worth having.

Close to station (about five minutes walk) and not far from town centre shops (although Wolverhampton isn't particularly pretty) but the route is not very clear and it would be quite easy to get lost if you haven't got a good idea of where to go before setting off! Part of it is not very well lit at night.

Overall for £48 it was OK, but I certainly wouldn't be happy paying the full rates advertised and am sorry that the standards here don't seem to be quite up to what I have come to take for granted at other Novotels.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying the premium for an Executive Room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for bringing to my attention the difficulties you experienced while staying at the Novotel Wolverhampton., I would like to apologise for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. At Novotel, we take customer satisfaction seriously and I regret that on this occasion we have understandably fallen short of your expectations. Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel Wolverhampton and better meet your expectations in the future. Kind Regards, John Armstrong (General Manager)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great hotel and really impressed for £39 per night, service is very professional, lobby nice to have a drink in, rooms really clean and modern. We booked on a Friday night and received a 40% discount on standard prices

WELL DONE NOVATEL

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay, we are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us at the Novotel Wolverhampton. Kind Regards John Armstrong (General Manager)